Question

Deezer Family or Deezer Elite Plan

• 17 December 2016
  • 4 replies

I am looking at purchasing Deezer to play through my Sonos conect. In Canada they have several plans to choose from. The family plan which is $14.99 and allows up to 6 users (version of premium+). If I purchase the Fmaily Plan and want to add Elite to my Sonos will I have to pay an additonal $14.99 for Elite or is it just added on. I subitted this question to Deezer a week ago and have not received an answer. I was wondering if anyone in the community had an anser'.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I'm having the exact same question like you, hope somebody is out there who knows how the Deezer family plan can be combined with the Elite option for our beloved Sonos devices.
Userlevel 1
Me three! I've got Deezer Elite playing through my Sonos on a free 30 day trial. After much googling and zero response from Deezer Support I'm still no nearer knowing if I can keep this with Deezer Family, which will allow me to cancel my Spotify Family. So my plan is.

1. Near the end of my 30 day trial (March 1st probably) switch to Deezer Family.
2. This take an immediate £14.99, hence March 1st date as that will be my regular monthly payment.
3. As I've activated Deezer on the Sonos already, I'm hopeful that Sonos won't notice the switch and will continue broadcasting in FLAC format.
4. If this works, great. Continue paying on the 1st of the month.
5. If not, cancel and go back to Spotify. Only loss is one £14.99.

I suspect the answer will be #5 as I cannot see anywhere Deezer Family & Elite co-existing. But it may work regardless. Either way I'll reply back March 1st or so.
Userlevel 1
Hi all,

Deezer Support got back to me. You lose the FLAC audio of Elite if you switch to Deezer Family. So it looks like you either get Elite & FLAC for a single user, or 320kbps audio but with multiple users. It's one or the other.
Hi all,

Deezer Support got back to me. You lose the FLAC audio of Elite if you switch to Deezer Family. So it looks like you either get Elite & FLAC for a single user, or 320kbps audio but with multiple users. It's one or the other.

Hey, IIRC Sonos does not support Deezer family. You can add the main account but not the other ones. Not sure if this is a problem with how you want to use it, but FYI.