Answered

Dead SONOS ZP70 (bridge) and replaced by Sonos Connect with S1

• 7 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Dear, 

Could you be so kind and help me with this issue? 

Old SONOS ZP90 act as bridge was died and I search replacement device. Someplace on this forum I was read that new SONOS Connect (2019) can cooperate with old one, but only with firmware S1.

I connect new device to new network and step by step connect another older and resets devices type of ZP90. On application Sonos S1 I may manage new Connect, search old one (mac adress show) but I can add to system by timeout. 

Can you any advice to help me connect one working togeter? 

icon

Best answer by Rowena B. 7 February 2021, 21:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Necone,

Welcome to the Sonos community. Thank you for reaching out to us and letting us know about your concern. for providing us a detailed post describing your concern. Let me share some information with you.

Sonos Connect manufactured in 2019 works both in S1 and S2 apps. You mentioned that you factory reset your ZP90 and you have a new Sonos Connect, you can set up a new Sonos system. If your ZP90 is compatible with the S1 system, you need to create a new system using the S1 app and then you can add your Sonos Connect.

Let me suggest the following steps to see if this would work for you to complete the setup.

1. Please factory reset your ZP90. Make sure that it's giving you a flashing green light. It means it's ready to be setup.
  2. Hardwire your ZP90 to your router using an ethernet cable.
  3. Force close the Sonos app from your mobile device.
  4. Open the Sonos S1 app and select "Set up a new system"
  5. Follow the steps instructed in the Sonos app to complete the setup.
  6. Once the setup is complete and you can see the ZP90 in the Sonos app, please do not remove the ethernet cable yet and proceed to the next step.
  7. Set up your Sonos Connect and select “Add Product”
  8. Follow the steps instructed in the Sonos app until you have completed adding them to your Sonos system.
  9. Perform wireless setup
    • On the Sonos app, please go to Settings > System > Network > Wireless Setup.
    • You will see your WiFi network name on the list. Select it and enter your WiFi password.
    • Once completed, you can already remove the ethernet cable.

If you're still having the same issue after performing the steps and the orange blinking light is persistent to all your Play 1’s, I recommend contacting our phone support team with your full network set up to look up the information and perform in-depth troubleshooting to help you complete your Sonos setup.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, we’ll be glad to assist you. 

Hi Rowena!

At first take many thanks for your reply! It’s very pleasant

Next week I will get both device (old and new] in test network and I try your  procedure. I hope it’s will be working and I will let us know. 

THX again and I wish best days!