DAC recommendation

• 2 January 2009
  • 54 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

54 replies

Richard

I have just got one of the Cambridge Audio DacMagics and can tell you that I am very pleased with it. Reviews have been excellent and in the UK it costs £199 which is a good price. Well worth checking out though they have been hard to get hold of and I had to wait two months for mine. The situation is getting better of late though. Check out the Cambridge Audio web site.

Regards

Mike
Userlevel 2
Richard

I have just got one of the Cambridge Audio DacMagics and can tell you that I am very pleased with it. Reviews have been excellent and in the UK it costs £199 which is a good price. Well worth checking out though they have been hard to get hold of and I had to wait two months for mine. The situation is getting better of late though. Check out the Cambridge Audio web site.

Regards

Mike

I have to agree with Mike.

I bought a CA DACMAGIC today for £199 from Richersounds in MK and having got it home and set it up with my ZP90, well, words cant describe the difference.

I only got my Sonos at xmas and I love it but if I am honest, I found the sound to be quite, well, boring.

Put the DACMAGIC on and dear god, my ears are getting smacked senseless!!!!!!

I cant put into words how good it is, its took the sound of my Sonos to levels I didnt think exisited with the Sonos.

Just playing Everybodys Changing by Keane and my ears are just getting a real treat!

Hand on heart, £199 and you wont look back!

I read the DACMAGIC gets better when you wear it in.

If its this good out the box, roll on breaking in!

BUY ONE!!!!!!

Sam
Badge +8
How much did you want to spend... kind of hard to make a recommendation with a price range. Here's some thoughts though.. Bel Canto dac3. Lavry DA10, PS Audo DLIII.
Userlevel 2
i'm using a benchmark DAC1. this device was winning many awards and has best recommendations from many studios.

find all info and reviews at benchmarkmedia.com