Answered

Current Windows 10 Can't Connect to Sonos with Controller

Have Sonos One and Play 1 set up and accessible with Alexa, iOS app (iPhone and iPad) and with Zonos app on a Windows 10 tablet. None of the Windows 10 desktops on ethernet can see the Sonos System. Firewalls set to allow Sonos. Even switching desktops to WiFi on the same network doesn't help. I'm missing something?
icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 13 May 2018, 03:16

Submit a diagnostic and call Sonos Support with the ID number on Monday, they likely can sort it out.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello, gmhall. Thanks for posting! If you disable the firewall completely, are the desktops able to see and connect to Sonos?
Try turning SMB V1 on. Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows Features on or off > check or uncheck the box for "SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support. It is an outdated protocol that Sonos insists in its infinite and unquestionable wisdom to keep using. Windows 10 disables it by default.

If that doesn't work, sorry got no other ideas.
Disabling the Firewall or changing Programs and Features with SMB V1 on. Neither resolves the problem. "Sorry, We can't connect to Sonos."

Thanks for trying!
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Submit a diagnostic and call Sonos Support with the ID number on Monday, they likely can sort it out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
xyz
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Thanks for the update gmhall. I was unable to locate a support ticket under the email address you have set on the Community, so I assume you haven't had a chance to give us a call yet. I'd recommend giving us a call to take a closer look at the connectivity between Sonos and the computers in real time. Thanks again.
I am having a similar problem, have uninstalled Malware Bytes and Bit Defender with the same splash screen of Sonos. How can I submit a diagnostic without the application launching?
You can’t, unless you install it on some other device, like a tablet or smartphone. You might be best served by calling in to their helpline tomorrow, or trying the Twitter or Facebook options now, since they are 24/7.
Thanks, Airgetlam. I submitted an email and got a reply back from them. I want to call them, since calling them is hard for me during business hours due to my work schedule and their eastern time schedule, etc. I'll see how the email thread goes or will need to call at lunch and hope for a short phone queue. Last time, I tried that, it was 1 hour long...
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
moderators: please remove the last post as this thread has nothing to do with bluetooth and is just another post from the same user who just posts links to sketchy looking web sites.