Question

Create or play playlists 'on this mobile device'

• 26 October 2020
  • 4 replies

I want to be able to create playlists of music which is stored on my Motorola (Moto g8 Plus) phone. Ideally I would like to import and play iTunes playlists I have already created on my laptop. 

9 months ago someone called Bob95... had exactly the same issue and had a conversation with John B on this forum. The solution for Bob, recommended by John,  was to install Samsung Music. This worked for him but will not work for me as this app is incompatible with my phone. What's the solution for non Samsung users- or more specifically for Moto g8 Plus users? I've tried a few music apps- unsuccessfuly.

Cheers

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

@Mike804, Creating playlists in and playing playlists from the native (preinstalled) Android music player on the Moto G8 Plus does not work?

The pre-installed music player is Google Play Music, and no, Sonos can't see playlists I create in this app.

There must be another preinstalled music player, every Android phone has a native one.

Google Play Music is the only pre-installed player and is soon to expire and be replaced by YouTube Music. 

That gave me an idea; I installed YouTube Music and Hey Presto! I can create playlists of music on my phone and play them through Sonos. Perfect, except I expect to be bombarded with ads unless I sign up for the paid service.

Thanks for inspiring me!