Question

Crazy morning

• 10 October 2016
  • 2 replies

I woke up this morning at 6:50 to a chime alarm. I went to get my Sonos Controller and the only room left on the Controller was "Office", which is not the room the alarm is playing in (which is the Bedroom). Living Room has also disappeared from the Controller. I still cannot get the Chime alarm to stop. It also says my clock is not set. I tried hitting reset, but that just took me back to all this same stuff. Where did everything go, and how do I get the alarm to stop? I tried the app on my phone and it says it can't find any Sonos products and I should check the router. BUT, I'm writing to you so obviously the Wifi is working. Please help!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Your wifi may be working but that doesn't mean there aren't networking issues. First thing to try is a complete network reboot.

Power down your router and absolutely everything that connects to your network - phones, printers, Smart TV etc, and of course Sonos gear. Turn on the router and let it come up fully. Then power on any wired Sonos component, then other Sonos components, then everything else. One device at a time, and let each come up fully before doing the next.

Or just get on the phone to Sonos Support.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi Trat, welcome to the community. John B has some great advice there; try rebooting the router and the Sonos system by removing and replacing the power cables, and let us know how you get on. If you use a Sonos device, such as a BRIDGE or BOOST wired to your router to create SonosNet, then check that this device appears to be in working order. When you power it back on the light should flash white for about a minute or so and then go to solid. If the Ethernet port has any LED indicator lights, these should be lit.

If you manage to get the system back up and running, send us a diagnostic and we can check it's all OK.