Question

Crackling sound in right Sonos One

• 31 October 2020
  • 1 reply

When I put my Ones in surround pairing with my Playbase, the right surround speaker has started crackling. It seems to mainly happen when playing audio from my ATV 4K, which plays through my LG C8, which is in turn connected via optical to the Playbase. 

When I was using Play: 1s instead, it didn’t seem to have these issues. Have tried switching Sonos Net channels, but nothing seems to help. Have also tried pairing / unpairing the surrounds.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @scottJordheim, welcome to the Sonos Community! Appreciate you reaching out here and providing the details. I’d be happy to help you. First, have you tested different sources/content? Also, try to play music using the Sonos app and see if you’ll hear the same thing. Try to remove it as surrounds and use it as a regular speaker, test the sound and group to your other speakers and see if it will make any difference.

Keep us posted here. We and the community are always here to help.