Crackling Sound

• 23 January 2021
  • 1 reply

My speakers randomly start cracklings while playing. 1782919603

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @SmittySmith,

Welcome to the Sonos Community and thanks for bringing your concern to our attention. Let me help you with this.

Based on the diagnostic report, the errors detected are audio dropout due to sync errors and interference in your wireless network that may be caused by wireless congestion. These errors can be possibly causing the issue.

Let me suggest refreshing the network connection and your Sonos to check if this will make any improvements.

• Sequential reboot to refresh your network and all your Sonos devices connection.
    • Unplug your network devices (modem, router, any wireless access points on the network) from the power and wait for 60 full seconds before you plug it back in.
    • Once the router is back online, unplug all your Sonos devices from the power including the Sonos Bridge.
    • Please wait 15 seconds before you plug back them back in.
    • Force close the Sonos app from your iOS or Android device.
    • When the status light on your Sonos devices are solid white, get back on the Sonos app and check if you're connected.
    • Test playback from and observe Sonos performance.

Let us know how well it goes. If the issue is still the same, submit another diagnostic report for us to check, and don't forget to include the confirmation number in your response. We’ll wait for your reply.