Question

crackle/static sound From a single Play One within a 5.1 setup

• 17 February 2018
  • 6 replies

crackle/static sound Coming from one of my speakers. Tested the speaker at a hifi shop with no issues. I have sent a diagnostic report into Sonos but no idea what happens next.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

8504699 is the diagnosis number.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, ryan.paul.marsh. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. The diagnostics aren't showing any major issues with your system. Is this a consistent problem, or an intermittent one? Which one of the speakers is this occurring on? Please let me know so we can dig a bit deeper. Many thanks.
It’s at high (not full) volume. I’ve turned my rear speaker volume down and it’s a little less often but still happening. I thought it was some songs but it’s very random. Looking at the tv it’s my rear left speaker. I may switch these over and see what’s happening then. Any help grestfilly received
Hi. I’ve recorded a little section of music with the issue on. It’s very repeatable on this music track. See video on YouTube

F1577795 1553 464C A4A4 2C2CF0B61F8B

You can hear the issue twice early on in the video.
Bump
You may want to call Sonos to discuss it, rather than waiting for a response here.