Crackle/Crunch sound on some songs only. Solution?

• 29 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi!

When i play some songs i can hear some crackling sound. It seems it comes with low volume/low frequent. Im not good with sound so its just a wild guess. Two songs for example: Yiruma - River flows in you and Ken Ring - Själen av en vän (swedish song) In the begining of those songs i can hear this crackling/crunhy sound from both playbar and my sonos one. Could it be a speak issue or is the music production causing it? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

hi, what is the source you are playing the tracks from?

hi, what is the source you are playing the tracks from?

Streamed from iphone or PC. 

I could try play it from Spotify via my TV? 

Not at home now though, 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Robbs 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Unfortunately, if you are playing your own music files, no-one else can check playback for you.

How do the same tracks play on your computer or phone? Do you get the same noises? If so, I recommend re-downloading/re-ripping the tracks.

If you don’t hear the same noises, please try some online sources - do you ever hear the same issues? If so, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who will go through some troubleshooting steps with you.

I hope this helps.

hi @Robbs the Yiruma track on Spotify sounds crystal clear so you could try it - if the crackling sound comes from both devices then it is most likely poor quality at the source (i.e. from your phone or pc)