Cr200 won't connect

Hi All. I have purchased a CR200 remote and am unable to connect it to Sonos net. I have a bridge and 3 zone players connected over Sonos net (not wifi) and can connect my iPhone but the CR200 will not connect. It sees the network and says it is trying to connect but then fails and says your Sonos component was not found. I've reset my router and the Sonos system and reset it up from scratch but still no joy. I've also tried all 3 channels and it still will not connect. Any help much appreciated:-)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

262 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi adjohann, you'll want to contact the team using the details here.
I have the same problem. I probably need Sonos tech team to apply the patch so that the CR200 firmware upgrades and so that it connect with my Sonos system. How do K reach out to Sonos team?
My diagnostics confirmation number is: 441073640.
same problem
cr200 cant connect to sonos system (upgraded)
diagnostic nr - 708739147
thanks...same problem cr 200's and 2X play 1's .......DC:463076721
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi there, bmv05. As per the advice above, please reach out to our phone team for assistance with this issue.
Hi, CR 200 but it won't connect to my system, need help pls. Diagnostic confirmation: 470436267
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, all. If you require assistance getting a CR200 connected to your system, please give our support line a call. They can help you get up and running. Many thanks.
Userlevel 2
Hi, CR 200 but it won't connect to my system, need help pls. Diagnostic confirmation: 8514339
Hi, I also just bought a CR 200 but it won't connect to my system, need help pls. Diagnostic confirmation: 8359957
Hello Sonos, I have the same problem as everyone above, 3 x CR200,s all charged and ready to go but need the update,,could someone let me have the help line number.. thank you
guydelange, did you read the post before yours?
Hi, my old CR 200 won't connect to my system, need help pls. Diagnostic confirmation: 7848210. Kind regards,

Olivier
As Jeff S, a Sonos employee said above:

Unfortunately this isn't a process which can be done over email alone. In order to get a CR200 connected to a new system one of our phone techs will need to remotely connect to your Sonos system to make some changes.
Hi, I also just bought a CR 200 but it won't connect to my system, need help pls. Diagnostic confirmation: 7731418

thanks.
You're most welcome. Good luck!

🙂
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Thank you Bruce 🙂
I wouldn't think so, but I'm just guessing. I think the "tickets" just collate all the previous discussions about a problem. Your's seems fairly cut and dried, I'd assume that they'd create the ticket when you call in.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Cheers will do it at the weekend do I need a ticket number?
Quoting from the post above yours:

In order to get a CR200 connected to a new system one of our phone techs will need to remotely connect to your Sonos system to make some changes.

You'll need to call in to get it connected.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Hi

Just brought a 2nd hand CR 200 remote and it will not connect to my Sonos system.

Please help

Riddick
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thank you, Jeff!

But I'm not able to phone you. Could you please help me by messages or maybe be you can apply the patch with updates to my system? If you need more information, i could give it to you

Unfortunately this isn't a process which can be done over email alone. In order to get a CR200 connected to a new system one of our phone techs will need to remotely connect to your Sonos system to make some changes.
Thank you, Jeff!

But I'm not able to phone you. Could you please help me by messages or maybe be you can apply the patch with updates to my system? If you need more information, i could give it to you
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hello Jeff. I've got a problem with Sonos control cr200. It doesn't connect with my home sonos network
My Diagnostic confirmation number is 7002157. Thanks.

Hi borisov09051994,

I've created a support ticket for you: 170117-001440. Please reach out to our phone team and they'll help get your CR200 connected.
Hello Jeff. I've got a problem with Sonos control cr200. It doesn't connect with my home sonos network
My Diagnostic confirmation number is 7002157. Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Can you help me? I just purchased a Controller 200 and it doesnt connect to my system. Diagnostic report is 6841733

Hi kduthler,

Our phone team can help you get your CR200 connected. Please give us a call and reference case number: 161208-001640. Our phone number and hours can be found here.