Cr200 won't connect

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

262 replies

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for that. Ran updates that were now available. Then followed process on CR200 to add to system, this time it connected and allowed me to update CR200 to current software version and control my system.

Much appreciated and very quick response.
Hi.
It seems like i have the same problem connecting a CR200 to my system !
My diagnostic nr is 5290387
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi Tolv12an, please check for updates on all controllers where you have Sonos installed, here's how: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/226.

Also make sure that none of your Sonos products are directly next to/on top of any other wireless devices (including the BRIDGE, although wired to the router, it's better to separate them as much as possible) as wireless interference can occur and can cause playback or connectivity issues.

Let me know how it went, if you're still unable to update kindly send a new diagnostic and reply here with the confirmation number.
Well i still can not connect my CR200, and it seems like wireles android and pc is also not abel to find the system. So at the moment i controll it from a wired Pc.
New Diagnostic Nr: 5293814
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Well i still can not connect my CR200, and it seems like wireles android and pc is also not abel to find the system. So at the moment i controll it from a wired Pc.
New Diagnostic Nr: 5293814

Can you try restarting the router, all Sonos products (both wired and wireless), as well as all controller devices? Check that they're on the correct wireless network afterwards, and if you're still unable to connect let me know so we can get a ticket started for you, thanks.
Ok, i´m on it 🙂
So, after restart of router and sonos Bridge & Play5, i made an new setup on the controller in the Pc thats wired.
But still i dont find the system in wireles Pc & android devices and the CR200
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
So, after restart of router and sonos Bridge & Play5, i made an new setup on the controller in the Pc thats wired.
But still i dont find the system in wireles Pc & android devices and the CR200

We'll need to proceed via phone if you don't mind calling our support? You can quote your reference number: 151226-000328. Make sure you're at your system and preferably at a computer we can remote assist to (if required.) Would be great if you could keep us posted here as well, thanks.
Now, after calling support all is upp and running. 🙂 Big thanx fore fine and fast support !!
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hey there. I just received a replacement Sonos controller CR200 and is unable to connect the new controller to the so does not work. Error message says your Sonos component was not found. Where old controller was able to connect. I submitted a diagnostic report ID 5335081.

I believe the issue may be resolved by to temporarily downgrading the Sonos software of the existing components of the sonos system, as described in one of the posts at the beginning of this thread.

Sonos customer support – – are you able to help me resolve this issue?
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hey there. I just received a replacement Sonos controller CR200 and is unable to connect the new controller to the so does not work. Error message says your Sonos component was not found. Where old controller was able to connect. I submitted a diagnostic report ID 5335081.

I believe the issue may be resolved by to temporarily downgrading the Sonos software of the existing components of the sonos system, as described in one of the posts at the beginning of this thread.

Sonos customer support – – are you able to help me resolve this issue?

Hi, your reference number is 160105-000591. Please call our support, quoting your reference, to proceed with your request. When you call, make sure you're at your system and preferably at a computer we can remote assist to (if required.) We'd appreciate it if you could tell us how it went here, thanks.
I am trying to add a Sonos CR200 to my system and am running into the same problem of issues finding the system and connecting. I would like to request a remote downgrade so I can add the CR200.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
I am trying to add a Sonos CR200 to my system and am running into the same problem of issues finding the system and connecting. I would like to request a remote downgrade so I can add the CR200.

Hi Ethan, welcome to the community. your reference number is 160106-001403. Please call our support, quoting your reference, to proceed with your request. You'll find our contact details here: www.sonos.com/contact. (Check that the flag at top-right is set to your location.) When you call, make sure you're at your system and preferably at a computer we can remote assist to (if required.) We'd appreciate it if you could tell us how it went here, thanks.
Hi
I buy a new cr 200 and i can't connect to my sonos system. Diag Numbers is 5376794
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hi
I buy a new cr 200 and i can't connect to my sonos system. Diag Numbers is 5376794

Hi, unfortunately we are unable to open your diagnostic. This tells us your system is experiencing a high level of wireless interference.
To be able to use a CR200 controller your Sonos system most have one unit wired to the router. Can you let us know how your Sonos is setup? (layout)
Badge
BONJOUR
Mon CR200 ne ce connecte pas pouvez vous mettre le patch
voici mon numero 5412509
MERCI
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
BONJOUR
Mon CR200 ne ce connecte pas pouvez vous mettre le patch
voici mon numero 5412509
MERCI

Please go ahead and update now, once done, let us know.
Badge
Very good
Thank you
Badge
Bonjour
Nouveau problème
Le cr200 marque
Recherche de produits sonos
Avec mon iPhone pas de problème
Le numéro de Diag 5419180
Merci d avance
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Bonjour
Nouveau problème
Le cr200 marque
Recherche de produits sonos
Avec mon iPhone pas de problème
Le numéro de Diag 5419180
Merci d avance

Hello verger, I have reviewed. Due to the problem, the best would be to contact our customer care team by phone. France support line : 0800-910 769
Badge
Ok
Thank you
Hi Jeff - just bought a CR200 Controller and cant connect, getting same Searching for Sonos Product Message....i've reset the controller several times, etc. Diagnostics is
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeff - just bought a CR200 Controller and cant connect, getting same Searching for Sonos Product Message....i've reset the controller several times, etc. Diagnostics is

Hi JPM1,

I've updated your account to include the patch. Please run updates on your system then try to add your CR200.
Thanks Jeff - just ran update and rebott of cr200. Same message "Searching for Sonos Products. The netwrok configuration for this controller has changed.?

\Hi Jeff - just bought a CR200 Controller and cant connect, getting same Searching for Sonos Product Message....i've reset the controller several times, etc. Diagnostics is

Hi JPM1,

I've updated your account to include the patch. Please run updates on your system then try to add your CR200.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thanks Jeff - just ran update and rebott of cr200. Same message "Searching for Sonos Products. The netwrok configuration for this controller has changed.?

\Hi Jeff - just bought a CR200 Controller and cant connect, getting same Searching for Sonos Product Message....i've reset the controller several times, etc. Diagnostics is

Hi JPM1,

Hi JPM1,

It looks like your PLAYBAR is connecting to your home's wireless network while your Office unit is in the Sonos mesh configuration. This is likely causing your CR200 to be unable to connect. All of your Sonos speakers must be in the mesh network configuration in order to connect a CR200. Please stop all playback on your PLAYBAR, then reboot it by removing it from power for ten seconds or so.

Once everything is back online, see if you can connect the CR200 again. If you still get the same message, try factory resetting the CR200. Here's how to factory reset your CR200:
1) Make sure your CONTROL is awake and press the Music button.
2) Scroll to System Settings and click OK.
3) Scroll to CONTROL Settings and click OK.
4) Scroll to Advanced Settings and click OK.
5) Select Factory Reset and confirm OK.

Once reset, the CR200 will go through the start up process and should guide you through connecting to your system.