Cr200 won't connect

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

262 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Sorry dcosta. I don't work for Sonos so I can't review. They will see it and let you know.
Sorry dcosta. I don't work for Sonos so I can't review. They will see it and let you know.
Got it !
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
my CR100 will not connect:
Diagnostics information sent.
Confirmation number: 4949318

Hi dcosta, I have reviewed your diagnostic and found very high level of wifi interference. This may lead to the CR100 unable to connect.
Make sure the Sonos BRIDGE is at 3feet (1meter) away form the router and not sharing the same wireless channel. Can you try to change and test both Sonos wireless channels 6 and 11. Submit a diagnostic for each channel but wait a minimum of 10 to 15mins between each change.

You may also want to check if your router isn't on auto wireless channel change.
Let us know how it goes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
There are so many variable here I would recommend calling Sonos support line.
I'm sorry, but this is my first post here, so forgive me, but
did you by chance take a look at the diagnostocs info sent...?
Are all the "variables" not contained therein...?

Hi Dcosta103,

I've added the patch to your account. Please try checking for updates then see if you can connect your CR100.

Hi dcosta, I have reviewed your diagnostic and found very high level of wifi interference. This may lead to the CR100 unable to connect.
Make sure the Sonos BRIDGE is at 3feet (1meter) away form the router and not sharing the same wireless channel. Can you try to change and test both Sonos wireless channels 6 and 11. Submit a diagnostic for each channel but wait a minimum of 10 to 15mins between each change.

You may also want to check if your router isn't on auto wireless channel change.
Let us know how it goes.

OK. So I moved my bridge away from my router and set my Airport Extreme and both Airport Expresses to "Manual" Wireless channel 11.
They are all hard wired and all broadcast the same SSID.
Should those all be on the same channel?

I set SonosNet to channel 6.
It occurs to me I have added a ZP90 in that location now as well...
Is there a bridge inside a ZP90...?
is my bridge not needed in that same location anymore...?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Let us know how it goes.

OK. So I moved my bridge away from my router and set my Airport Extreme and both Airport Expresses to "Manual" Wireless channel 11.
They are all hard wired and all broadcast the same SSID.
Should those all be on the same channel?

I set SonosNet to channel 6.
It occurs to me I have added a ZP90 in that location now as well...
Is there a bridge inside a ZP90...?
is my bridge not needed in that same location anymore...?

Your router and extenders should all be on the same channel to reduce interference. Each Sonos unit can act as a BRIDGE for network communication if the unit is wired in to your network. You can use your CONNECT (ZP90) as the first wired component and it will send a wireless signal out for other Sonos units to use for connecting. If you have a wired Sonos unit you can then move your BRIDGE to another location to provide better wireless connectivity.
same issue report id 4981242

Just dug up my contoller after a move, found this thread. My diagnostic number is 4840105.

Hi Lalaw,

I've added the update to your system. You should be able to run updates and get your CONTROL connected.
Sorry, I cannot connect my outdated CR200 and submitted diagnostics but cannot paste the number a second time. My other CR200 is fine.

4981242 is the number.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Sorry, I cannot connect my outdated CR200 and submitted diagnostics but cannot paste the number a second time. My other CR200 is fine.

4981242 is the number.

Hi User477171,

I've added the update to your household. Please check for updates on your Sonos system, then run any that it finds. Once done you should be able to connect your CR200. Please let me know if it does not work.
Hi,

I probably have the same issue. I have an used CR200 that won't connect to my system.

My diagnostic number is: 4998717

Thanks in advance
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi,

I probably have the same issue. I have an used CR200 that won't connect to my system.

My diagnostic number is: 4998717

Thanks in advance

Hi Imjogback,

I've updated your account to include the patch. Once you've run any updates your system finds you should be able to add your CR200. Please let me know if it doesn't work.

Hi Imjogback,

I've updated your account to include the patch. Once you've run any updates your system finds you should be able to add your CR200. Please let me know if it doesn't work.

Thank you very much!

Worked perfectly. Awesome product, and awesome support!
Userlevel 2
Hi there - same problem. Cr200 won't find my system (bridge into router, play 5, zp100). Diagnostics 5017080
Userlevel 2
Interested to see if this can be fixed - has been a problem for ages!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi there - same problem. Cr200 won't find my system (bridge into router, play 5, zp100). Diagnostics 5017080

Hi Cptn WOW,

I've added the update to your system so you should be able to connect your CR200 once updates are run. Let me know if it doesn't work.
Userlevel 2
Hi Jeff, thanks for trying.
Still no luck though.
The cr200 is still saying 'searching for Sonos products... The network configuration for this controller has changed'. I've tried rebooting it.

There is only one red dot in the top left corner - is that indicating no network connection?
Userlevel 2
Oh - I did a factory reset and now it works! Fantastic - you are a wizard!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Oh - I did a factory reset and now it works! Fantastic - you are a wizard!

Hi Cptn Wow,

It's good to hear that your controller is working after the factory reset. Please let me know if you have any further issues.
Hi there, same issue here with both of my CR200 controllers, tried almost everything without any positive result, still won't connect to my system. My diagnostic confirmation number is 5041208, could you please check it out? Many thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi there, same issue here with both of my CR200 controllers, tried almost everything without any positive result, still won't connect to my system. My diagnostic confirmation number is 5041208, could you please check it out? Many thanks!

Hi Llwasem,

The update has been added to your account. Once you've updated your Sonos system you should be able to connect your CR200.
There are so many variable here I would recommend calling Sonos support line.
I'm sorry, but this is my first post here, so forgive me, but
did you by chance take a look at the diagnostocs info sent...?
Are all the "variables" not contained therein...?

Hi Dcosta103,

I've added the patch to your account. Please try checking for updates then see if you can connect your CR100.
I have tried several times to update my two CR200 controllers since you indicated the update had been added to my account, but no luck. Both controllers give me the same message:

""Connecting. Please wait...
This can take a few minutes.

This controller was unable to connect to a Sonos component. Please try again. (1)"

I submitted diagnostic information again. The confirmation number is: 5046784.

Thanks for your help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have tried several times to update my two CR200 controllers since you indicated the update had been added to my account, but no luck. Both controllers give me the same message:

""Connecting. Please wait...
This can take a few minutes.

This controller was unable to connect to a Sonos component. Please try again. (1)"

I submitted diagnostic information again. The confirmation number is: 5046784.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Llwasem,

There's a high level of wireless interference showing on your system. This is likely why the CR200s don't connect. Please check to make sure that your BRIDGE is not too close to your router. It's generally a good idea to have a couple feet of distance between your router and BRIDGE. It may also help to change the wireless channel on which your Sonos system operates. Try changing your Sonos system to channel 11, here's how.

If that does not work, it may help to reset your CR200s then try to connect them again. To do so, please follow these steps:

1) Make sure your CONTROL is awake and press the Music button.
2) Scroll to System Settings and click OK.
3) Scroll to CONTROL Settings and click OK.
4) Scroll to Advanced Settings and click OK.
5) Select Factory Reset and confirm OK.

Please let me know if these steps do not help.
My bridge is three feet from the router although I have a amp that is hardwired right next to the router. I'll need to read on how to change the router's channel. It is an ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC68U.

Both of my CR200 controllers are locked out of the menu mode. I have the following screens (and the Music button has no function):

Use English as my language. Next

Welcome to Sonos. Next

Connect to a Sonos Component. Then I get the messages indicated above.
OK, i moved my bridge and amp further from the router. Then, after analyzing my network with inSSIDer Home, I selected Channel 11 on the 2.4GHz band.

Same messages from the CR200 controllers.