Cr200 won't connect

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

262 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Sonos used to be a wonderful system. It's not getting close to become a big piece of junk....
This morning my CR200 stopped working. BTW it's already the third unit, all replaced under warranty but that's a different story.
Trying to reconnect it using the on-screen procedure, both with the wired Bridge and a wireless Sonos:5 or Sonos:3, no way...
Removed the battery, waited some time, put it back and placed the unit in the craddle... No way....
It is BTW ironic that a company that built its business on wireless audio now wants you to use a wired device...

Hi Jiheffe,

I'm glad to hear your CR200 was taken care of in-warranty. With our current software it is not possible to connect CR200s or CR100s without a software patch. So that I may apply the patch to your system I would like to see some data from it. Please send us a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number. Here's how to submit diagnostic reports.
Hi Jeff
I'm having the same problem connecting a used CR200 that I just acquired. I just submitted my diagnostic 4867136

Regards
JF
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeff
I'm having the same problem connecting a used CR200 that I just acquired. I just submitted my diagnostic 4867136

Regards
JF

Hi JF,

I've added the update to your account. Please check for updates on your controller. After running any updates that your system finds you should be able to add your CR200. Please let me know if you have any troubles getting it working.
Hi Jeff

Regards
JF

Hi JF,

I've added the update to your account. Please check for updates on your controller. After running any updates that your system finds you should be able to add your CR200. Please let me know if you have any troubles getting it working.

Thanks Jeff,
My Controller is working. Always perfect costumer support by Sonos!
JF
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeff

Regards
JF

Hi JF,

Thanks Jeff,
My Controller is working. Always perfect costumer support by Sonos!
JF

Hi JF,

That's great to hear. We're here for you if you have any other issues.
I have the same problem(CR200 would no longer connect) and submitted diagnostic report 4879637.
Please help!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have the same problem(CR200 would no longer connect) and submitted diagnostic report 4879637.
Please help!

Hi Max_15,

I've added the patch to your account. The CR200 can't connect to the Sonos system if you are set up in the fully wireless configuration. You will need to wire at least one Sonos unit into your network with an ethernet cable. This causes your Sonos system to create its own wireless instead of logging on to your home's wireless network. It is this Sonos wireless network that the CR200 needs in order to connect.

Once all updates are run and you have a wired unit, you should be able to add your CR200 to your system. Please let me know if you have troubles getting it working.
Hello I have a CR200 that I need to join to my sonos system, my diagnostic # is 4890604
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hello I have a CR200 that I need to join to my sonos system, my diagnostic # is 4890604

Hi Dinky,

I've added the update to your account. You should be able to add your CR200 to your system after you check for updates. Please let me know if you have any troubles getting it working.
I too am now having the same problem connecting a CR200 to my Sonos System and getting the same unable to connect message. My Diagnostic confirmation number is 4925753.
I have 2xZP120s, 2xCR200s, and 2xPlay5s. I would like to have the Play5's work off WiFi as I have an outdoor WIFI coverage where the ZP120s can't reach.

Q1a: Can I use my CR200's AND be in WiFi network mode? It seems as soon as I unplugged all my ZP120s and Play5's the CR200's stopped working.

Q1b: If Q1a is no, is there a 'mixed' solution? From what I've gathered I think the answer is no. It seems if even one device is plugged into the network, all devices switch to SonosNet mode.

Q1c: If Q1a and Q1b are no - Is the only solution to use the CR200s and ZP120s as one SonosNet setup and then use the two Play5's as a separate Sonos System on Wifi (where I would have to switch which system I am controlling on my iPhone depending on my location)? Can you have two different Sonos systems on the same network?

Thx!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I too am now having the same problem connecting a CR200 to my Sonos System and getting the same unable to connect message. My Diagnostic confirmation number is 4925753.

Hi NicoNutter,

I've added the patch to your system. Once you've checked for and run updates you should be able to add your CR200 to your Sonos system. Please let me know if you have any troubles getting everything working.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have 2xZP120s, 2xCR200s, and 2xPlay5s. I would like to have the Play5's work off WiFi as I have an outdoor WIFI coverage where the ZP120s can't reach.

Q1a: Can I use my CR200's AND be in WiFi network mode? It seems as soon as I unplugged all my ZP120s and Play5's the CR200's stopped working.

Q1b: If Q1a is no, is there a 'mixed' solution? From what I've gathered I think the answer is no. It seems if even one device is plugged into the network, all devices switch to SonosNet mode.

Q1c: If Q1a and Q1b are no - Is the only solution to use the CR200s and ZP120s as one SonosNet setup and then use the two Play5's as a separate Sonos System on Wifi (where I would have to switch which system I am controlling on my iPhone depending on my location)? Can you have two different Sonos systems on the same network?

Thx!

Hi Koochiching,

The CR200 controllers connect to the wireless signals created by your Sonos speakers when they are in SonosNet mode. They can't connect when your Sonos system is in the fully wireless configuration.

The Sonos system is meant to be fully SonosNet or fully wireless, a mixed mode wouldn't work.

You have a couple options to get your PLAY:5s connected. First, you could set up 2 separate Sonos systems on your home network. This would work, but your phone wouldn't know which system to connect to so you would have to have dedicated controllers. This would work well for your CR200s, but not as well for your smartphones or tablets. With the mobile devices you wouldn't know which system they would connect to any time you started the app.

Another option would be to get a wired Sonos unit in the outdoor area. If your wireless extender is wired by ethernet into the rest of your network, you could wire a Sonos unit, then feed another ethernet cable to your extender. This would create a new area of SonosNet coverage. If your wifi extender is not wired in though, this wouldn't work.

The third, and probably best, option would be to use other Sonos units to extend the range of your home's SonosNet to include the outdoor areas. You could use a BRIDGE or BOOST in between your ZP120s and the outdoor area. Each unit would extend the SonosNet range by 40 to 60 feet or so depending on environmental conditions. This would give you access to your full Sonos system on all controllers, including your CR200s.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Hi NicoNutter,

I've added the patch to your system. Once you've checked for and run updates you should be able to add your CR200 to your Sonos system. Please let me know if you have any troubles getting everything working.

Error 1101 on update. Sorry!
Jeff I have error 1101 on update. Im in beta program, im remove the beta program. Reinstall version 5.4 and I have the same error.

now my diagnostic is 4929358.

The system continue with update need but error when I try to install.
Thanks in advance.
nico.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Jeff I have error 1101 on update. Im in beta program, im remove the beta program. Reinstall version 5.4 and I have the same error.

now my diagnostic is 4929358.

The system continue with update need but error when I try to install.
Thanks in advance.
nico.

Hi Nico,

There's some wireless interference showing on your system. The error 1101 usually means that there was a communication error between your Sonos components, the wireless interference is probably the cause. It looks like your system is on channel 6, there are quite a few other networks in range on the same channel. Try changing the Sonos wireless channel to 11, here's how: Sonos wireless channel.

It may also help to reboot your Sonos players. There are some errors indicating that the DNS settings are not in sync across all of your Sonos units. This is likely due to the interference causing some communication errors. Rebooting your units will usually cause them to update their network information.

Once these steps have been taken please try updating your system again. In this case your beta status shouldn't matter.
Thanks for your reply Jeff. Using other computer connected to mi sonos system i can do the update but the problem continue. CR200 start and always "Searching for sonos components" I can see o Settings botton on the top of the screen but not respond.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thanks for your reply Jeff. Using other computer connected to mi sonos system i can do the update but the problem continue. CR200 start and always "Searching for sonos components" I can see o Settings botton on the top of the screen but not respond.

Hi Nico,

It sounds like your system is working with the exception of the CR200. It may help to reboot the CR200. To do so, slide off the back panel and remove the battery. Leave the battery out for ten seconds or so, then place the battery back in and slide the cover back on. When you place the CR200 back into its cradle the unit should start back up.

If that doesn't work, does it seem like there is a portion of the CR200 screen which is unresponsive to touch? If so there may be a hardware issue with the CR200. If this is the case, please let me know.
Hi Jeff, I do everything you say and continue with message searching sonos components. It´s posible to solve the hardware problem?
Thanks!
Nico.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeff, I do everything you say and continue with message searching sonos components. It´s posible to solve the hardware problem?
Thanks!
Nico.

Hi Nico,

We'd like to get you in touch with our phone team to sort this out. Here's a support ticket: 150923-001880. Please give us a call and reference that incident number. You can find our phone number and hours here: Contact us.
Hi Jeff, I call spain support and they informed that the cr200 has no fix and is discontinued.They can not give me a solution. It's a shame.
Thanks in advance for your time.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeff, I call spain support and they informed that the cr200 has no fix and is discontinued.They can not give me a solution. It's a shame.
Thanks in advance for your time.

Hi Nico,

We no longer make the CR200 but we do still provide support for it. Do you mind sending me a direct message with the phone number you used when contacting us? I'd like to look into this for you.
Hello. I am a beta tester and my CR100 will not connect:
"This Controller was unable to connect to a ZonePlayer or ZoneBridge. Please try again. (1)"
Diagnostics information sent.
Confirmation number: 4949318
Magic patch for my account ?

- please help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
There are so many variable here I would recommend calling Sonos support line.
There are so many variable here I would recommend calling Sonos support line.
I'm sorry, but this is my first post here, so forgive me, but
did you by chance take a look at the diagnostocs info sent...?
Are all the "variables" not contained therein...?