Cr200 won't connect

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

262 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi there, same issue here with 1 of my 2 CR200 controllers, tried almost everything without any positive result, still won't connect to my system... My diagnostic confirmation number is 474265, could you please check it out? Many thanks!

Hi Jumo,

Your diagnostic number isn't valid, there's a digit missing. I added the update to the system connected to your account's email address. Please check for updates, run any that you find, then try to add your CR200s to your system. If it doesn't work, please send us a new diagnostic report and reply with that number.
Userlevel 2
Hi there, same issue here with 1 of my 2 CR200 controllers, tried almost everything without any positive result, still won't connect to my system... My diagnostic confirmation number is 474265, could you please check it out? Many thanks!

Hi Jeff! Thanks for the fast reply. Sorry for the wrong number, here's the new diag number I just sent : 4741637. I re-tried to add the CR200 but it didn't worked out. No update available after checking. Thanks again!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Jumo,

I've added the update to the system from your latest diagnostic. You should be able to update and connect your CR200s now.
Userlevel 2

Halelujah!!! 😉 Thank you sooooooo much Jeff, I am so happy to get my controller back in business! All the best to you 🙂
Hi, I have the same problem , I needed a new controller as the touch wheel died on one. I got a new (to me) CR100 and CR200 neither will register. Confirmation ID 4764957 "The controller was unable to connect" message on both. Rest of Sonos network works fine. Dave
Note that the CR100 and CR200 cannot connect to WiFi, one must be using SonosNet. This implies that at least one SONOS unit must be using the wired network.
Yes i am fine with this, all my zones use sonosnet and a sonos bridge to the rest of the network. I already have multiple CR100's that work great. It seems this is a version issue on the new hardware to me. The current release doesn't seem to be able to join hardware on older versions (one is 2012 and other 2009) others have been helped by sonos support with a patch , this is what i am asking for. Dave
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Yes i am fine with this, all my zones use sonosnet and a sonos bridge to the rest of the network. I already have multiple CR100's that work great. It seems this is a version issue on the new hardware to me. The current release doesn't seem to be able to join hardware on older versions (one is 2012 and other 2009) others have been helped by sonos support with a patch , this is what i am asking for. Dave
Hi Dave,

I've applied the update to your account. Please check your system for updates and run any that it finds. Once updated you should be able to add your CR100's to your system.
Thank you Jeff they both registered ok now.
Hi there we are having the same issue connecting our CR200 we recently bought, our diagnostic ref is 4775997
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi there we are having the same issue connecting our CR200 we recently bought, our diagnostic ref is 4775997
Hi Ali,

I've added the patch to your system. Please check for updates and run any that your system finds. Once updated you should be able to add your CR200 to your Sonos system.
Excellent thanks for your help, it's now connected to the system, although now we are having issues getting it to charge! Maybe a new battery needed...
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Ali,

When the CR200 is having trouble charging it can sometimes help to lock its screen. To do so hold down the home key for a few moments and you will see a message on the screen indicating that the screen is locked. To unlock the screen just hold down the home key for a few seconds. Locking the screen prevents any touch inputs which sometimes can keep the CR200 from charging properly when low on battery.

If that does not help you may wish to replace the battery. We sell replacement batteries for the CR200 on our website: CONTROL batteries.
Badge
Hi Jeff,

I have the same problem with adding back my old CR200. I have sent diagnostics 4830299. Please help ASAP!

Kind regards,
Jason.
Badge
Hi Jeff,

I have the same problem with adding back my old CR200. I have sent diagnostics 4830299. Please help ASAP!

Kind regards,
Jason.

do you need me to post my email address?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeff,

Kind regards,
Jason.

Hi Jason,

I've added the patch to your system. Please check for updates and once you've run them you should be able to connect your CR200.
Badge
Hi Jeff,

Kind regards,
Jason.

Hi Jason,

I've added the patch to your system. Please check for updates and once you've run them you should be able to connect your CR200.

Thanks Jeff!
Well I too am having same issue. Checked and I am wired in so I submitted diagnostics. This is a new to me controller model CR100 and has been reset. My diagnostic code is 4837189. If you can apply same patch been working for everyone else be great. Thanks Jeff. Looks like you are everyone's lifeline on here.
Just checked my system and was able to get controller learned in. Jeff thanks a million!!!!!
Just dug up my contoller after a move, found this thread. My diagnostic number is 4840105.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Just dug up my contoller after a move, found this thread. My diagnostic number is 4840105.

Hi Lalaw,

I've added the update to your system. You should be able to run updates and get your CONTROL connected.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Just checked my system and was able to get controller learned in. Jeff thanks a million!!!!!

I was able to add the update to your account. It's good to hear that it worked. Please let me know if you have any further issues.
Badge
Hi Jeff,

Kind regards,
Jason.

Hi Jason,

Thanks Jeff!

Hi Jeff,

Crazy thing, my CR200's touch screen has stopped working properly. I noticed others have had this problem, but now that you've stopped making them, is there still service support in getting them fixed? I love my CR200, I find it so much more convenient than using the apps!

Kind regards

Jason
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeff,

Kind regards,
Jason.

Hi Jason,

Try removing the battery for a few seconds. To do so, slide up and off the back panel, then remove the battery. After 10 seconds or so, place the battery back in and slide the cover back on. Place the CONTROL into its cradle and it should boot back up. Once back online, test the touchscreen. If it still does not work, please send me a private message with the serial number of the CONTROL (found underneath the back panel) and we can discuss possible repair and replacement.

Hi Jason,

Thanks Jeff!

Hi Jeff,

Crazy thing, my CR200's touch screen has stopped working properly. I noticed others have had this problem, but now that you've stopped making them, is there still service support in getting them fixed? I love my CR200, I find it so much more convenient than using the apps!

Kind regards

Jason
Userlevel 2
Sonos used to be a wonderful system. It's not getting close to become a big piece of junk....
This morning my CR200 stopped working. BTW it's already the third unit, all replaced under warranty but that's a different story.
Trying to reconnect it using the on-screen procedure, both with the wired Bridge and a wireless Sonos:5 or Sonos:3, no way...
Removed the battery, waited some time, put it back and placed the unit in the craddle... No way....
It is BTW ironic that a company that built its business on wireless audio now wants you to use a wired device...