Cr200 won't connect

Hi All. I have purchased a CR200 remote and am unable to connect it to Sonos net. I have a bridge and 3 zone players connected over Sonos net (not wifi) and can connect my iPhone but the CR200 will not connect. It sees the network and says it is trying to connect but then fails and says your Sonos component was not found. I've reset my router and the Sonos system and reset it up from scratch but still no joy. I've also tried all 3 channels and it still will not connect. Any help much appreciated:-)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

262 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Oliver,
Do you have one Sonos component wired into your network? While Sonos recently added a new feature to connect your Sonos system wirelessly, the CONTROL still requires one Sonos unit to be wired in to connect. This is due to the way that Sonos units communicate when there is a first wired unit.

If you have a wired Sonos unit and the CONTROL still doesn't connect, please try pulling its battery out. To do so, slide up and off the back panel of the CONTROL, then remove the battery for ten seconds or so. Then, put the battery back in and slide the cover back on. The CONTROL will not boot back up until you place it into its cradle. Once back online, see if the CONTROL will connect.

If the CONTROL still does not connect, we would like to see some data from your Sonos system. From a controller which does connect, please send a diagnostic report then reply here with the confirmation number: How to submit diagnostics.
Many thanks for your reply Jeff. The issue has now been solved by Sonos support. By way of background yes it is hard wired via a bridge into the router and it is running on Sonos net not the wifi and I tried removing the cr200 battery a few times. The cause of the issue was Sonos software backward compatibility issues as the cr200 was running older software than the system - the solution was to remotely downgrade the software in the Sonos system so it could connect to the cr200 and then upgrade the lot. It now works perfectly and the support from Sonos was exceptional - if only other companies could model their customer service on Sonos.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Oliver,
It's good to hear that you're back up and running. Let us know if you have any future issues or questions.
Userlevel 2
Many thanks for your reply Jeff. The issue has now been solved by Sonos support. By way of background yes it is hard wired via a bridge into the router and it is running on Sonos net not the wifi and I tried removing the cr200 battery a few times. The cause of the issue was Sonos software backward compatibility issues as the cr200 was running older software than the system - the solution was to remotely downgrade the software in the Sonos system so it could connect to the cr200 and then upgrade the lot. It now works perfectly and the support from Sonos was exceptional - if only other companies could model their customer service on Sonos.
Hi I have exactly the same problem. Can I ask how you downgrade the software version which I assume is like is rolling back to a previous version?
Hi Jeremy.  I think you have to get Sonos Support to do this by accessing your system remotely.  There may or may not be a hack but if there is I'd strongly suggest avoiding it.  Call Support.

John, Canford Cliffs Audio
Userlevel 6
Badge +15
Yes they do, you'll need to contact sonos and they can do this for you remotely.
Yep it's great to be up an running thanks to Sonos support - you guys are amazing:-)
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeremy,

The email you used to create an account here does not have any registered Sonos components attached to it. To flag your account for the CR200 patch, we will need some information from your Sonos system. Please send us a diagnostic report, then reply here with the confirmation number. Here's how to submit a report: How to submit diagnostic reports.
Userlevel 2
Hi Dave

Thanks for pointing that out. I have submitted by diagnostic report and the confirmation number is 4472420

Thanks

Jeremy
Userlevel 2
Sorry Jeff typo
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeremy,

You should be able to update your system now, we've applied the patch. Once the update finishes you can reconnect your CONTROL. Please let us know if it does not work.
Userlevel 2
Hi Jeff, worked brilliantly, cannot thank you guys enough. Happy Easter Besto Jeremy 
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled CR200 wont connect into existing Sonos system. Hi, I recently purchased an additional CR200 Controller for my sonos system but it will not connect.  Each time I try to connect the CR200 to my system, I receive the following error message "This Controller was unable to connect to a ZonePlayer or ZoneBridge.  Please try again (1)".  

I have tried and was successful at connecting a friend's iphone to my sonos system, so I do not understand why the CR200 wont connect.  Any ideas please?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Call sonos. They will have to set you up properly. There are several issues that they need to address for you.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled CR200 wont connect into existing Sonos system. Hi, I recently purchased an additional CR200 Controller for my sonos system but it will not connect.  Each time I try to connect the CR200 to my system, I receive the following error message "This Controller was unable to connect to a ZonePlayer or ZoneBridge.  Please try again (1)".  

I have tried and was successful at connecting a friend's iphone to my sonos system, so I do not understand why the CR200 wont connect.  Any ideas please?

The CR200 only connects via Sonosnet.  If you are using Sonos in WiFi mode (i.e. at least one Sonos component wired to your network), then the CR200 can't be used.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi User824148,

Please send us a diagnostic report from your system. With that data we will be able to determine why your CONTROL is not connecting and how we can fix it. Reply with the diagnostic confirmation number and we'll get this sorted out. Here's how to submit diagnostic reports.

Thanks, my diagnostic confirmation number is 4665676.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi User842148,

There are a couple things going on with your system. Only your wired Sonos units are in the mesh network configuration which is required for connecting CONTROL units. The reason your whole system did not switch to the mesh network is likely due to the high levels of wireless interference showing on your wired units. Also, your wired units are on different wireless channels. They need to be on the same channel.

Please start by changing the Sonos wireless channel to 6. Here's how to change channels.

You may need to reboot your Sonos system to get all units communicating properly.

If you do not see the option to change channels, please let us know and we'll create a support ticket for you so that our phone team can walk you through getting your system working properly again.

We've added the update to your system so once we get all of your units communicating over the Sonos mesh network, you should be able to add your CONTROL.

Hi Jeff.  I followed your instructions and my new controller has now connected.  I'm also not having any buffering issues.  Thanks for all of your assistance, I really appreciate your help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi User824148,

That's great news. Please let us know if you run into any further issues.
Badge
I too am now having the same problem connecting a CR200 to my Sonos System and getting the same unable to connect message. My Diagnostic confirmation number is 4704821. Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I too am now having the same problem connecting a CR200 to my Sonos System and getting the same unable to connect message. My Diagnostic confirmation number is 
Hi iHass,

I've added the update to your system. Please check for updates and run any that your system finds. Once the update completes you should be able to add your CR200 to your Sonos system.
Badge
I too am now having the same problem connecting a CR200 to my Sonos System and getting the same unable to connect message. My Diagnostic confirmation number is 
Excellent! That worked! My controller is up and running again. Thanks Jeff. Sonos ROCKS!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi iHass,

I'm happy to hear that your CR200 is reconnected and working. Please let me know if you need any further help.
Userlevel 2
Hi there, same issue here with 1 of my 2 CR200 controllers, tried almost everything without any positive result, still won't connect to my system... My diagnostic confirmation number is 474265, could you please check it out? Many thanks!