Answered

CR200 connecting issue

• Junior
  • 7 replies
Hi,
I bought a CR200 for my system but cannot connect to it. It keeps displaying ""Searching for Sonos products..." with no result. Settings button at the bottom is not responsive. Tried removing and replacing battery, did not help. Is this a fault or does my system needs downgrading before making a connection? I submitted diagnostics info with confirmation number: 7500654.
icon

Best answer by Matt R 17 June 2017, 17:22

Hi Kesc

I agree with John B , be aware that the controller has limited functionality in that it can currently only control the system and not configure the system. Also at some point in the future it is possible the CR200 will become end of life an no longer work with an existing system.

If it was me and I wanted a dedicated controller for my system, Id probably get a cheap Android device, which could be used solely for controlling the system, as this would both be cheaper but also ensure ongoing compatibility with the system.

Belly M is also correct, you'll need to be running in a Boost setup

If you are in a Sonosnet ( Boost ) setup then either the CR200 is faulty or it's more likely the CR200 has a much older version of software on it and can't be automatically added to your system that is on the current version of software. We can update the software manually and try and get it connected for you, you'll need to give us a call for free whilst you are in the vicinity of the system and then we can manually update it.

You can find our contact details Here , hope this helps

View original

4 replies

Are any of your Sonos devices wired to your router? If not you need to get one connected so your system is running Sonosnet.
Or bin the CR200 and buy an Amazon Fire tablet to use as a dedicated Sonos controller. Even if you get the CR200 working it won't have full functionality.
Hi Kesc

I agree with John B , be aware that the controller has limited functionality in that it can currently only control the system and not configure the system. Also at some point in the future it is possible the CR200 will become end of life an no longer work with an existing system.

If it was me and I wanted a dedicated controller for my system, Id probably get a cheap Android device, which could be used solely for controlling the system, as this would both be cheaper but also ensure ongoing compatibility with the system.

Belly M is also correct, you'll need to be running in a Boost setup

If you are in a Sonosnet ( Boost ) setup then either the CR200 is faulty or it's more likely the CR200 has a much older version of software on it and can't be automatically added to your system that is on the current version of software. We can update the software manually and try and get it connected for you, you'll need to give us a call for free whilst you are in the vicinity of the system and then we can manually update it.

You can find our contact details Here , hope this helps
Badge
@kesc, did you ever get this sorted? I have a CR200 with exactly those symptoms...

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings