Could not play "*****" file does not exist.

I get this error from time to time when trying to play music from Spotify. Sometimes the it will do it to one or a few songs and then play a random from the sam playlist I guess. Can I somehow get spotify to work perfect, like always?

Diagnosis (made during occurring error above): 365631302

First struggle I had was apparently due to interference, because I change channel on my router to ch. 1 and changed channel on boost to ch.6, which has made it about 95 % stable now. So that one can be considered solved.

2 replies

It's actually likely a symptom of the same thing, i.e. when the speaker gets to the end of the stream, it reaches out to request the next song. If the speaker is not on the network at that particular second in time, you'd get that error.

Seems like you've done yeoman's work on changing the channel for any potential wifi interference, you may still want to look around for other items that could be causing temporary disconnects as well.

The other thing I'd recommend is a simple refresh of your local network, getting new IP addresses for all of your devices. Pretty simple to do, just unplug all of your Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. Once the router has booted back up, plug in each Sonos device, one at a time, allowing a minute or two between each one. This will refresh their IP addresses in your router's DHCP table, and if there was a case where a speaker or two might have had conflicting IP addresses, it will fix that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
anderssonos wrote:

I get this error from time to time when trying to play music from Spotify. Sometimes the it will do it to one or a few songs and then play a random from the sam playlist I guess. Can I somehow get spotify to work perfect, like always?

Diagnosis (made during occurring error above): 365631302

First struggle I had was apparently due to interference, because I change channel on my router to ch. 1 and changed channel on boost to ch.6, which has made it about 95 % stable now. So that one can be considered solved.

Hi anderssonos,

The guide Airgetlam linked to is a great place to start troubleshooting. I also notice from your diagnsotic report that your Boost has lost its network address. It is still acting as a wireless signal for your other speakers, but it does not have a valid network address. Most of the time rebooting your router and the Boost will help them get back in communication.

There's wireless interference still showing up between your Sonos units. How close is your Boost to your router? We recommend keeping a few feet in between the Boost and any other electronics which could cause interference.

If you're still having issues after running through the guide and rebooting your router and Boost, please send a new diagnostic report in and reply here with the confirmation number.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings