Answered

Controllers hang when trying to update to 9.0

• 21 July 2018
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Diagnostic submitted ref: 779023337

I’ve been having problems getting my bridge to connect and therefore access to my system has been troublesome. I eventually managed a workaround by hardwiring a player to my router. A couple of other players connected at that time then appeared to take the update fine.

I’ve since added my bridge back in to the setup and it is now hardwired to the router. It and some other players that were offline previously now need to be updated but whilst the controller knows the update is out there it hangs when searching for it. This happens on either the iOS contoller or the OS X version.

Bridge is hardwired to TP Deco M5 which is hardwired to my virgin super hub running in modem mode. The instructions with the Deco system suggest that anything hardwired to the super hub only (and not through the Deco) will not be seen on the network hence why I have avoided wiring the bridge directly to the super hub.

Can anyone offer any assistance please?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 21 July 2018, 23:04

I'd bet that you are looking at a failing Bridge power supply, that is a common problem. It is easily fixed with a new wall-wart power brick. If you don't have a matching one handy Amazon and others stock them.

Plug a speaker into Ethernet at the router and unplug the Bridge for a temporary fix.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I'd bet that you are looking at a failing Bridge power supply, that is a common problem. It is easily fixed with a new wall-wart power brick. If you don't have a matching one handy Amazon and others stock them.

Plug a speaker into Ethernet at the router and unplug the Bridge for a temporary fix.