Answered

Controller keeps falling off / becomes unresponsive

• 18 November 2016
  • 3 replies

Looked at other topics and they said to sent diagnostics and put the number here.

My number is 6760444

The only issue I have is that I don't have direct access to the router. Is there anything I can do if I can't switch the channels on the router?
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 18 November 2016, 20:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
While you wait for sonos rep..

What device are you using as a controller?

You could get a travel router where you can put it in a place in your house that receives a good signal from the community wifi - and then retransmits a new wifi just for you so you have better signal and have access to changing channel and even hard wiring Sonos units.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Looked at other topics and they said to sent diagnostics and put the number here.

My number is 6760444

The only issue I have is that I don't have direct access to the router. Is there anything I can do if I can't switch the channels on the router?

Hi kayluhb,

Your Sonos units are losing connection to the wireless network from time to time. This may be because there are 2 wireless access points which are on different wireless channels. This can cause Sonos to have a hard time staying connected.

The best thing would be to get both of the Ruckus access points on the same wireless channel (right now 1 is on channel 1 and the other is on channel 11). If you can't do that, maybe you can move the Ping Pong unit closer to the Roseland and Biggie units, which are connecting to the same access point. That way all 3 Sonos units would connect through one access point and on only one wireless channel.
Thanks Jeff S. That's a great help.