"Control Sonos from Spotify" not under "Settings"

• 14 December 2016
  • 43 replies

The "Control Sonos from Spotify" menu option is not appearing under the "Settings" menu on the Sonos Android app as per the documentation. I'm trying to configure the Sonos to use Spotify Connect to play music on the Sonos directly from the Spotify app, but this menu option is missing.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

43 replies

Same issue here. Just submitted a ticket with diagnostic.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
That menu option is a one time setting, so if you've gone through the process to securely registered your Sonos system, it shouldn't be available. Otherwise, as long as all your devices are on 7.0, same as your controllers, you should see that.

If you'd like to submit a diagnostic from your Sonos system and post your confirmation number here I'll take a look for you.
The "Control Sonos from Spotify" menu option is not appearing under the "Settings" menu on the Sonos Android app as per the documentation. I'm trying to configure the Sonos to use Spotify Connect to play music on the Sonos directly from the Spotify app, but this menu option is missing.

Same problem here as well. I have Android and ios. My play 1 and 5 do not show up on Spotify. Spotify works through Sonos controller as expexted.

Same problem here as well. I have Android and ios. My play 1 and 5 do not show up on Spotify. Spotify works through Sonos controller as expexted.

My diagnostic # is 6867924
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi TeeJii, according to the diagnostic and your account details, your system is already registered and verified. You don't need to do this step so it's not listed in your controller.

There's currently some trouble controlling Sonos with Spotify that's under investigation at the moment. This may cause you to not see your players or not be able to connect to them. It's being worked on right now.
Hi TeeJii, according to the diagnostic and your account details, your system is already registered and verified. You don't need to do this step so it's not listed in your controller.

There's currently some trouble controlling Sonos with Spotify that's under investigation at the moment. This may cause you to not see your players or not be able to connect to them. It's being worked on right now.

OK. Thanks, Ryan. I've tried to get the Spotify connect for Sonos working since ithe featuroi was released a week ago, but no luck. I've tried every possible option, so this is kind of frustrating. I hope things get sorted out soon.

OK. Thanks, Ryan. I've tried to get the Spotify connect for Sonos working since ithe featuroi was released a week ago, but no luck. I've tried every possible option, so this is kind of frustrating. I hope things get sorted out soon.

Hi, just a small update. Spotify connect for Sonos has been working since yesterday. I'm happy!
Hi I am having the same issue - Spotify just does not see the Sonos system and the option to control is not there in Sonos in Windows, IOS or android. i submitted the following diagnostic number

i also noted that i have 4 instances of Spotify i can install from the add services menu - none of which work - so i used IOS to add the service

any help appreciated
It appears that my joy was premature as my play devices have disappeared from Spotify devices list.
Sadly I still see nothing on any devices. Would be good to know if the issue is me or sonos/Spotify so can stop trying if a fix needs issuing
Same with me, I cannot see the Sonos devices in the Spotify App, in spite of having registered them. No "connect to Spotify" option appears in the settings to do so, neither in the iOS app nor in the Windows controller. Helpless.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
6877357 any help appreciated
Hi, I've reviewed your diagnostic. Is your system still experiencing this issue? If yes, please follow the steps in this article: Controlling Sonos from Spotify app.

Let us know how it goes.

If anyone else is experiencing the same problems please follow the steps in that article as well. If your system continues to fail. Please send us a diagnostic and reply with the confirmation number. Here's an article explaining how: How to Submit Diagnostic
Hi just popped into life and found all my rooms. Thanks
I'm having this same problem. Went through the setup when it was first released but my Sonos components don't show up and in settings I do not see this option on any of my platforms (PC, Android, IOS). I submitted diagnostics from my Android device...conf. # 6895716. Please advise...
Dear Max P, the instructions in the Sonos article do not work, this is why we are writing here in the first place.

The problem is that in the "settings" menu, contrary to what is stated in the above article, there is no "Control Sonos from Spotify" option. Nowhere in the settings menu there is anything regarding Spotify. Please note that this applies both to the Windows-based Sonos controller and to the Sonos iOS controller, and please note that I upgraded both to the latest version before asking for help in this forum.

Hope this helps you to better understand the problem we are having and to fix it.

Kind regards
Massimo
I am having the same same issue as MaxNG. This is my issue exactly:
The problem is that in the "settings" menu, contrary to what is stated in the above article, there is no "Control Sonos from Spotify" option. Nowhere in the settings menu there is anything regarding Spotify. Please note that this applies both to the Windows-based Sonos controller and to the Sonos iOS controller, and please note that I upgraded both to the latest version before asking for help in this forum.

Diagnostic:6905075
Diagnostic: 6907140

I'm having the same issue as MaxNG, there is no sonos players in my spotify connect, but I can remember going through the setup prompts on my andriod app. My issue is the exact same.
Badge
Same here. Awful. Devices showed up briefly in the beginning, when the option to connect from Spotify became available. Worked a few times, but then when using Sonos app and even when closing/quitting it, devices disappeared from Spotify app. Sonos devices have become a bit like Elvis for the Spotify app: sightings have been reported but that's about it. The Sonos app is mediocre at best, anyway. So I was dying to finally (after Spotify managed to ignore user requests for YEARS for control via Spotify app) use Spotify Connect and Spotify app. Getting so fed up now, that I am considering selling/ditching this system and buying another brand. Such a bad user experience. Get your act together, Sonos. And do it fast. I can't see how a company in 2016 can survive by continuously causing mediocre and bad user experiences.
+1 for me. My diagnostic is 6922644. I'm running the Windows Sonos Controller app and there isn't an option in the Advanced setup screen to "Control Sonos from Spotify". I have the Spotify music service setup in Sonos and from that perspective things are working fine in that I can see my music and playlists but I'm unable to link Spotify to Sonos so that I can see my devices in the Spotify app.
Mine has now disappeared again. Not sure where they went but not seen the devices in Spotify app for at least a few days
Badge
You are not alone, this is the same problem as discussed here:
https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/spotify-app-not-showing-sonos-6762270

This must be a more structural problem that the continuously stated problem with wireless network interference.
I'm having the same issue on my PC and on Android phones. It's been working with no problem for months and now, suddenly tonight, can't connect to Sonos speakers using either the phone or PC. Tried Manage-Advanced Settings-etc but "control Sonos from Spotify" option doesn't appear. Submitted a diagnostic: 7380580. Thanks for any help! Missing my tunes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
I'm having the same issue on my PC and on Android phones. It's been working with no problem for months and now, suddenly tonight, can't connect to Sonos speakers using either the phone or PC. Tried Manage-Advanced Settings-etc but "control Sonos from Spotify" option doesn't appear. Submitted a diagnostic: 7380580. Thanks for any help! Missing my tunes.

Hello there,

Thanks for sending in the diagnostic report. After a quick look, I noticed wireless interference between your WiFi and neighboring networks. Check out this great article to change your wireless channel. After you change the channel, send another diagnostic report and respond with the confirmation number again.

Thanks in advance.
I have the same issue: there is no "control Sonos from Spotify" option. I can play Spotify from the Sonos controller, but I would like to control Sonos from within Spotify so that I can play the Spotify 'Daily Mix', which is not available in the Sonos controller. If this was added to the Sonos controller, then I wouldn't care about not being able to control Sonos from Spotify.
Diagnostic: 7440613.
Hello steelpaw, welcome to the Community and thanks for the diagnostics.

Just to verify, there's no option like the one here to Control Sonos from Spotify?