Answered

Constantly losing connection

• 22 August 2019
  • 7 replies

Diagnostic report 1439227587
This has been happening for a while but is getting more frequent. Music stops playing, controller then can't find my Play:5 (Gen 1) on the network and I have to switch it off and on at the wall. When pressing the mute button, the LED flashes orange a few times. Sometimes nothing happens when I press this button. Once the device has dropped off the network, none of my controllers are able to see it, Android or Windows.
This can happen multiple times a day. I am using WiFi. I have tried the trick of making the Play:5 the first device on the network which has been reasonably successful, but not a 100% fix, and then a software update comes along causing the device to reboot and I'm back where I started.
I was using my Virgin SuperHub 3 for my WiFi, but replaced that with an ASUS RT-AC86U (stock firmware) hoping is would bring stability, but it didn't.
I don't understand why the device is not able to re-negotiate a network connection. My phone, TV and PC are all able to do this.
Please could someone check my diagnostics report and offer some advice? I'm assuming that report only contains data from the controller given the device is 'offline'? Wouldn't you need to see data from the actual device?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 5 September 2019, 18:32

The community moderators probably have their hands full with the new product announcements. May I suggest that you contact Sonos Support to discuss it?

I suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, but they are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.
View original

7 replies

Any chance of a response on this?
The community moderators probably have their hands full with the new product announcements. May I suggest that you contact Sonos Support to discuss it?

I suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, but they are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi there,

In your report there's an error on the Play:5 which may be causing this behavior. I think it would be best to have our phone team take a look at this live. Please give us a call, our number can be found here.
Lol. Or Jeff may be typing a response at the same time as I am.
So no actual answers here?
Ive had this speaker for almost a year and so far it’s been the worst experience I’ve ever had with anything electronic! I’ve contacted support and been told over and over again to set it up again, or that shouldn’t be happening... duh.
I’m sick and tired of some ridiculous $200 speaker having to be reconnected all the time. 20-30 minutes to set up a SPEAKER is just stupid anyway, but to have to repeat this process is ludicrous.
No, my Wi-Fi hasn’t changed or been disconnected at all. Everything else in the house works, aside from this over priced paperweight that is supposed to play music.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
No answers here, isn't quite accurate BUT this is a user to user community forum with a bit of Sonos support from time to time. Sonos offers full featured phone support to work on issues, 24x7 the on-line support that is pretty good but not as good as the phone folks. When you are having issues with any of the other support options you can always use e-mail support which can elevate your issue and maybe get a solution.

Rarely is the issue a Sonos issue, usually it is a local issue related to WiFi congestion or interference. With the limited access to Sonos internals after they locked us out there is little we or you can do unassisted beyond the basics.
Userlevel 6
Badge +12
Since this is predominantly a User Community forum where help and advice is offered by users, the advice from Jeff S - to contact Sonos Support - was the actual answer.

Sorry you are are having your own problems and not yet been able to overcome them.

Edited to add: I was typing at the same time as Stanley_4.