Answered

connects then stops... over and over

• 25 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Sonos seems to be getting more complicated everyday: It used to be so easy.

I have 2 room speakers set up perfectly and I added a move with a boost.

Everything worked fine then it went down when someone unplugged the router…

Re-plugged the router and the rooms came back but I had to reset the move, it came back on and played music for 30 seconds then ‘offline’… this has happened 6 times and I can’t get it to continue.

On the app it shows the music playing via the little ‘bars’ but nothing from the speaker after 10-30 seconds… it works for a second then goes offline???

What do you suggest?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 25 June 2021, 18:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @mezzeta 

Thanks for your post!

Do you have any devices which extend the reach of your WiFi? If so, please switch them off. 

The Move will not connect to the network created by the Boost, so will only connect to WiFi. It’s likely something is interfering with it’s ability to talk to the rest of the system, and a WiFi booster or extender is the most likely to be the cause.

Yes I do have a wifi extender… I will try to remove that and then I’ll need to decide which is more important… the Move or  having good wifi.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @mezzeta 

If you can configure the extender to have a different SSID (broadcasted network name), then you can change that name and teach your non-Sonos devices the new credentials, but not Sonos. That will prevent the Move from connecting to it.

I hope this helps.