Question

Connectivity issues since upgrading to S2

• 9 August 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi,

Has anyone experienced a significant drop in performance since upgrading to S2? Can I revert back to S1 with my system? 

Since updating, the speakers drop in and out much more than before. Connectivity is good, but playing music out of multiple rooms causes it to cut out for 20 seconds at a time.. unlistenable. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Callumk.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I see where you’re coming from, let me help and try to figure it out.

While we don’t recommend downgrading your products to S1 after updating to S2, it is possible to downgrade by resetting the S2 products to their factory settings and adding them to an existing S1 system.

NOTE:  An existing Sonos product running S1 software is required to downgrade an S2 product back to S1. 

It is very important to correctly determine the cause of the audio interruptions, as there are many potential causes such as wireless interference, gateway issue, source issue, service issue, etc.

Kindly please submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app, and reply with the confirmation number.

I'd be glad to review your system further and it will also help in identifying what's causing the issue.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.