Answered

Connectivity issues

• 17 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi,

I own a Sonos One and a Sonos Roam and have experienced no end of issues with connectivity. I do not have a unstable inernet connection and all of my other devices (mobile phone, tv etc.) work fine however my sonos one refuses to connect. When I come to use it, it will not show up on the connect devices tab in spotify (despite my account being connected to sonos), and in the app I will repeatedly go through the "find system" setup, or completely reset the speaker, only for it to say that it could not connect. It does work sometimes and the roam is much better because of the bluetooth feature but I do not understand why it does not connect. With the ammount of money these cost I would expect them to work much better. Is there anything anyone can do to help?

Thank you,

Marshall W

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 17 August 2021, 23:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Are you by any chance using the BT Smarthub-2? If not, then what router is it?

Badge

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply. No sorry, I use a 4G router as we live ina rural location. I have never had any issues with speed though. Im not sure what model it is.

It’s quite possibly the router. If you checkout the Sonos system requirements, you will see that 4G LTE routers are mentioned as not being supported - See this link:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/126

That said, some LTE routers may work - can you perhaps set the router’s 2.4Ghz WiFi band to use a fixed non-overlapping channel (ch. 1, 6 or 11) and set the channel-width to 20MHz only and then see if that improves things. Maybe also ‘filter’ out the Sonos devices from using the less-penetrable 5Ghz WiFi band as that may help too.

Badge

Hi, 

I did not know that 4G routers were not supported. Thanks for the info and I will see if it helps.