connectivity issues

• 18 April 2021
  • 1 reply

I have a play one (location bedroom) and a one SL (location living room) that to all intents and purposes worked perfectly other than losing connection with my phone at the extreme points of the home. I moved the play one to a closer bedroom in a central location to stop the above issue, and since then I have a whole host of issues arising from this relocation exercise.

The worst problem is that I now cannot use the s2 app at all, I have a constant ‘ghosting’ appearance when in use, and the only use the app allows is the settings cog tab. In this section, the system suggests it only sees the one SL. This is regardless of where I am, the problem exists when my phone is leaning up against the Sonos product - so I don’t think location is the issue.
My wife can actually access our Sonos network through her mobile and app, however, once she commences a radio station or chooses something from spotify, she no longer has any connectivity and cannot adjust the volume, change track or even turn the system off.
We have rebooted the system, the router, reinstalled the apps..but nothing.

Please help!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Boofon 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

My initial thought is that you maybe have a WiFi booster or extender. If so, please turn it off and test again - have things improved?

What is this “ghosting appearance” that you speak of?

Could you please give me details of your router? Have there been any changes to your network?