Connections issues.

• 24 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I’m having a lot of trouble connecting since I replaced my wifi with a nether Nighthawk setup. Sonos devices are close to the access points but routinely disconnect. Is it because I have satellites?

My diagnostics number is: 794615252

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Giftedmike, Thank you for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue on your Sonos system and thanks for submitting a diagnostic report of your system. Upon checking, It shows incomplete diagnostics. If you can temporarily wire one Sonos speaker to the main mesh router and submit a diagnostic report for us to check what could be causing the issue. 

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Hi Simon

Thank you for the fast response. I’ve connected one Sonos and to be fair it has fixed the issue.

my new diagnostic number is 

i think the system isn’t playing well with my net gear nighthawk network. It worked fine with my Apple mesh network

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Giftedmike, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system, upon checking the report, It shows that there is a lot of Wireless interference and low bandwidth of connections. Kindly check this link about reducing wireless interference and Music service stops or skips for some troubleshooting steps for this issue. You may also check if there are any devices or objects that may cause the wireless interference or if the speakers are far from the router since it detects low bandwidth of connections. 

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.