Connection with Spotify lost - again and again and again

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

413 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
I'm having a similar connection lost issue. It's only happening on my Spotify account and not any other services. The weird thing is, my husband's Spotify account works fine on my phone without any connection issues. It's only when I try to use my Spotify account to play music that I get the drop connection. I tried my account on his phone also and it doesn't work as well. My workaround for now is to add my playlists to his account and stream from there. It's really frustrating though. It's been working well for the past couple months until now.
Hello Diana,

Your husband may be using his Spotify username/device ID and your account may be using Facebook credentials. We've seen people have trouble when using their Facebook credentials and are looking into it currently.

I'd recommend try to remove the account and re-add it using your Spotify username/device ID as a workaround. 
same issue. i have tried all of the above steps. System was working for a few months before this problem arose. Diagnostic confirmation number: 4322757
Here is my latest discovery with all of this.  Yes, removing my Spotify account and adding it back with device credentials to log in works now {so far}.  These last couple of days I have been off from work {I work at home but haven't been in my office where I have two Play:1 speakers paired}.  Today I came in my office and opened the desktop controller on my laptop to start a playlist and the problem came right back.  Connection lost after 30 seconds or so and unable to play songs in the playlist.  I closed the desktop controller and used the controller on my phone instead to load the playlist and play it in my office and it is working like a charm.
Not sure why this is the only place you replied to me... I have two other posts of my own where I did put diagnostic info and no replies there.

In fact if you look just above this you;ll see my post with latest results.

Bottom line is it is working today... but doing the device password thing exactly as Mohammad had posted did NOT work.  I had to do it a second time, and made sure I had closed out of sonos and spotify on all my devices before I did it the second time.  Not sure if that's why it worked the second time or not, but it did.  So far.
I'm having a similar connection lost issue. It's only happening on my Spotify account and not any other services. The weird thing is, my husband's Spotify account works fine on my phone without any connection issues. It's only when I try to use my Spotify account to play music that I get the drop connection. I tried my account on his phone also and it doesn't work as well. My workaround for now is to add my playlists to his account and stream from there. It's really frustrating though. It's been working well for the past couple months until now.
This worked for me! Thank you!
Same experience for me. All other music services working perfectly. Spotify is the only one having issues.  Attempts to play a song, plays two or three seconds of the song,  says it has lost connection, then attempts to play the next song in the queue. Just keeps on going like this. Submitted a report.
Still the same problem here. Spotify "plays" the first 10 seconds then gives an error "Lost connection to Spotify" 
Diagnostic ID 4325256
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hello Eric,

Thank you for including the diagnostics in your response. How many devices do you have in your system total? I am showing that there are two Sonos devices that are not being seen properly. Can you please reboot your system and test again? Please grab another diagnostic and I'll be happy to take a look. 
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hey Jess,

Happy to take a look. After you experience a drop, please submit a diagnostic and respond with the number here and I can pull up the report. Have you also tried using your Spotify username/device ID? 
Spotify loses connection after 30 seconds. Tried switching channels. Still drops connection. Diagnostic ID 4348006
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Still the same problem here. Spotify "plays" the first 10 seconds then gives an error "Lost connection to Spotify" 
Diagnostic ID 4325256

Try this and let me know if it worked or not: 1.     Remove the Spotify account from your Sonos system.

2.     Create a Spotify Device Username and password (allows you to use Spotify on your devices. Ignore if already obtained):

Go to www.spotify.com and log in with your Facebook credentials.

Click on your name at the top right then select Account.

Click on Edit Profile and you’ll see ‘Set a password for your devices.’

Your device username appears in bold, please note it down.

Click on ‘Send e-mail to set password’ and follow the instructions sent to you to set a password for your device username.

3.     Restart your router & Sonos products (unplug the power 10 seconds).

4.     Once your network is back and your controller is connected to it, add Spotify again to Sonos, this time using the device username and password rather than your Facebook credentials.

I can confirm that this worked for me.

If you did not receive an e-mail with the device password you’ll need to get in touch with their customer services team directly using the online contact form and they’ll be able to get one of those emails out to you manually.

If you get an automated e-mail reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if it’s from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents should hopefully get back to you as soon as possible. Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Spotify loses connection after 30 seconds. Tried switching channels. Still drops connection. Diagnostic ID 4348006
Try this and let me know if it worked or not: 1.     Remove the Spotify account from your Sonos system.

2.     Create a Spotify Device Username and password (allows you to use Spotify on your devices. Ignore if already obtained):

Go to www.spotify.com and log in with your Facebook credentials.

Click on your name at the top right then select Account.

Click on Edit Profile and you’ll see ‘Set a password for your devices.’

Your device username appears in bold, please note it down.

Click on ‘Send e-mail to set password’ and follow the instructions sent to you to set a password for your device username.

3.     Restart your router & Sonos products (unplug the power 10 seconds).

4.     Once your network is back and your controller is connected to it, add Spotify again to Sonos, this time using the device username and password rather than your Facebook credentials.

I can confirm that this worked for me.

If you did not receive an e-mail with the device password you’ll need to get in touch with their customer services team directly using the online contact form and they’ll be able to get one of those emails out to you manually.

If you get an automated e-mail reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if it’s from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents should hopefully get back to you as soon as possible. Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.
Userlevel 2
Diagnostic ID 4325256

Imagine your iPhone stops working without reason. And Apple support tells you create a diagnostic id. And thousands of others have similar unexplained software problems. And Apple says "well you all create a diagnostic." And every two months your phone just stops working for days and days or weeks. People would freak out because it would be unacceptable. Just like Sonos. Mine doesn't work AGAIN. It is unacceptable!
Userlevel 2
"one of the customer service agents should HOPEFULLY get back to you" - that's it in a nutshell - Sonos is not committed to the user experience. HOPEFULLY someone will get back to you and HOPEFULLY your system might play again someday...
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Diagnostic ID 4325256

Sorry to hear its not working for you. I've just tried Spotify on Sonos and can confirm it's working. If you're unable to use Spotify on Sonos please try the suggestions in my post above (in the same order) and let me know if it worked or not.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Was referring to Spotify there. Did you receive an e-mail with your Spotify Device credentials or no?
Userlevel 2
Diagnostic ID 4325256

Over time I have invested dozens of hours re-configuring Sonos and downloading software updates and re-configuring Spotify to play with Sonos. I have suddenly realized that Sonos continually shifts the responsibility for making its products work to the user. I am done. I don't want to invest more time. And it never ends. The first time was fine. Second time-sure... But it never ends. YOUR SOFTWARE IS VERY POOR. This would be unacceptable with an Apple product and it is unacceptable for your product. Sonos is a very unstable and unreliable product. I would not commend it to my friends. HEADACHE. Not worth it.
I have the same problem. Diagnostic number 4406030.

This is really annoying ! Please do help, SONOS
Userlevel 2
Even after following the instructions to reset everything I keep getting error messages unable to connect to Spotify - diagnostic is 
It is crazy. I did not even try to use Sonos for ~2 months because I am so tired of wasting my time, installing and re-installing Sonos and rebooting my computer and rebooting my router. Worst software ever.... I just want to play some music. I do not want to spend 15 to 90 minutes of config each time. It is ridiculous.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3

new issue non outage Please reference the new conversation here: Spotify playback problems
Userlevel 4
Badge +3

new issue non outage Please reference the new conversation here: Spotify playback problems
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Even after following the instructions to reset everything I keep getting error messages unable to connect to Spotify - diagnostic is 
non outage related Please reference the new conversation here: Spotify playback issue
same here. submitted support diagnostics: 4533544
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Create a Spotify Device Username and password (allows you to use Spotify on your devices. Ignore if already obtained): ------------> from where?Go to www.spotify.com and log in with your Facebook credentials. ------------> i do not have facebook credentials
I'm experiencing similar problems, diagnostic reference 4642416
I'm experiencing similar problems, diagnostic reference 4642416
After three months of tests I can say that the problem "connection with spot iffy was lost" is due to incorrect DNS setting of your router. Set the DNS TO 8.8.8.8 (GOOGLE DNS) restart the bridge or other songs device connected to the router and magically Sonia will work with spotify.