Connection with Spotify lost - again and again and again

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

413 replies

Did all the troubleshooting but alas nothing working.  @sonos can you please check out diagnostic 4314299 to see whats up with my sonos/spotify connection....  thx
I have the same issue as Dirk. Spotify keeps loosing connection in Sonos. There is no problems with spotifys own app and there is no problems with streaming radio with Sonos. I also tried all the suggested fixes. Reset all sonos components, move bridge, change cable between router and bridge, change wifi channel to 11, re-new spotify account into sonos. Diagnostic send with following number: 4314389.
Since I upgraded with latest Sonos App on my phone, it fucked up my Spotify account access on my Play 5, it was playing beautiful for the last 2 years.....very frustrating, did every step i read on this post and nothing worked so far....you could re-release  a new upgrade with "old" sonos appp version I think this will help everyone
Userlevel 2
And again and again. SONOS SUCKS. Fix YOUR fucking software assholes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
And all the while I can stream spotify via spotify connect (Panasonic Allplay ALL1C) without any issues at all. Come on sonos - just support Spotfy Connect
Diagnostic: 4315101

Seems to be getting worse.  A couple days ago it only happened to a couple songs.  Yesterday it happened to about 20 in a row, then started working.  Today, about 50 so far still not fixed.

Each song plays for about 10 seconds then I get the "lost connection" error.  Removed and re-added (can't see how to switch Spotify login away from FB though).  Same result with both iOS and Mac controllers.
Since I upgraded with latest Sonos App on my phone, it fucked up my Spotify account access on my Play 5, it was playing beautiful for the last 2 years.....very frustrating, did every step i read on this post and nothing worked so far....you could re-release  a new upgrade with "old" sonos appp version I think this will help everyone
I end up changing the primary and secondary dns on my router to the google publics one: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 things are finally working, but its a pain since this issue came out with the recent sonos update
I am having the same problem as all these other users and it started just this week as well.This is unacceptable. Why won't you admit that something is going seriously wrong instead of blaming users' setups? This was an expensive piece of equipment for playing music and it won't even play music from arguably the most popular music streaming service in the world.
get it fixed please!
get it fixed please!
Same here. All other services work except Spotify. Diagnostic code is 4315377

Thanks
Same here. All other services work except Spotify. Diagnostic code is 4315377

Thanks

It is not just Spotify. Qobuz is flaky too - it drops, skips tracks, pauses, says there is insufficient network speed (which happily streams movies), or that the track is encoded incorrectly despite playing it happily yesterday - then says connection is lost.
Same here, started earlier this week and now unable to play any Spotify music through my Sonos. Please fix. Diagnostic code 4315527.
I have the same problem. My diagnostics number: 4315374. Thank you! 
same thing is happening to me. every track on my queue will play for about 10 seconds. then it says "connection to spotify lost" and moves on to the next track
same thing is happening to me. every track on my queue will play for about 10 seconds. then it says "connection to spotify lost" and moves on to the next track
my diagnostic # is 4315654
I started having this issue yesterday, Diagnostic number 4315811. Before that spotify had been working fine for the past few weeks since we got the Play 2.

Radio works fine on the sonos. Spotify works fine from all my other devices on the same wifi.

Tried restarting sonos, reconnecting the spotify service. Moving device to room with router and connecting via ethernet. Not sure what else to try and at this point Spotify was the only reason we bought to Sonos.
Having same issue.  Seems to be all over the place.  Would be nice to have Sonos update progress....
Diagnostic: 4315101

Seems to be getting worse.  A couple days ago it only happened to a couple songs.  Yesterday it happened to about 20 in a row, then started working.  Today, about 50 so far still not fixed.

Each song plays for about 10 seconds then I get the "lost connection" error.  Removed and re-added (can't see how to switch Spotify login away from FB though).  Same result with both iOS and Mac controllers.

For what it's worth I got it working finally by disconnecting and reconnecting power to the bridge and al speakers and then starting it up again.  Fingers crossed it stays fixed.
Maybe there's ore than one cause... but that's exactly what mine was doing today and I finally fixed it by powering off/on the bridge and all speakers.  Worth a try, though I think others have tried and it didn't fix their issue.
Diagnostic #4316156

Cant play more than few seconds of any song since 3 days. Please fix this
Middle of last week I started having this problem and was getting the lost connection message with Spotify...but everything else is working fine. I got frustrated and put my headphones on and tried to just listen to Spotify through my phone. That didn't work and I kept losing connection there saying "Spotifiy has been paused because your account is being used somewhere else." Maybe it thinks Sonos is still using it? I've changed passwords, rebooted everything, removed and re-added the account, blahblahblah and STILL no Spotify. I've submitted a diagnostic and got an email saying to call a technician for help but now I'll have to likely wait for next weekend because of the hours and time differences. Disappointing for sure.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
My setup worked fine for a month with both My wife's and my spotify accounts.  Now everything BUT spotify works on the SONOS system. I've done a full reset, moved the bridge to another room, full reset again and still nothing.  There are too many people having issues with Spotify and Sonos for you to tell me there's something wrong with my system.

And yes we do use Facebook to login, but when you do that, you don't GET a spotify account, it says if you want to edit your account to go to facebook.com.  If you think that will fix it, provide instructions on how to back out of your facebook/spotify setup and go to a regular one.

And I tried to get diagnostics, it fails, and says try again.  Meanwhile, I can still stream MP3's and Pandora flawlessly everywhere.  

To use Spotify on your devices, you need to set a separate password and log in with the username provided. 1. Go to www.spotify.com and log in with your Facebook credentials.

2. Click on your name at the top right then select Account.

3. Click on Edit Profile and you’ll see ‘Set a password for your devices.’ Your device username appears in bold, please note it down.

4. Click on ‘Send e-mail to set password’ and follow the instructions sent to you to set a password for your device username.

5. Once you’ve set a password you’ll want to remove the Spotify account on your Sonos and add it again with the device username and password.

If you did not receive an e-mail with the device password you’ll need to get in touch with their customer services team directly using the online contact form and they’ll be able to get one of those emails out to you manually.

If you get an automated e-mail reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if it’s from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents should hopefully get back to you as soon as possible. Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
I also signed up to Spotify through Facebook and have no independent Spotify account to log in with. Totally stuck now.
To use Spotify on your devices, you need to set a separate password and log in with the username provided. 1. Go to www.spotify.com and log in with your Facebook credentials.

3. Click on Edit Profile and you’ll see ‘Set a password for your devices.’ Your device username appears in bold, please note it down.

4. Click on ‘Send e-mail to set password’ and follow the instructions sent to you to set a password for your device username.

5. Once you’ve set a password you’ll want to remove the Spotify account on your Sonos and add it again with the device username and password.

If you did not receive an e-mail with the device password you’ll need to get in touch with their customer services team directly using the online contact form and they’ll be able to get one of those emails out to you manually.

If you get an automated e-mail reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if it’s from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents should hopefully get back to you as soon as possible. Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
I started having this issue yesterday, Diagnostic number 4315811. Before that spotify had been working fine for the past few weeks since we got the Play 2.

Radio works fine on the sonos. Spotify works fine from all my other devices on the same wifi.

Tried restarting sonos, reconnecting the spotify service. Moving device to room with router and connecting via ethernet. Not sure what else to try and at this point Spotify was the only reason we bought to Sonos.

Have you tried re-adding the account to Sonos using your Spotify details rather than Facebook credentials? If you are unaware of your Spotify username and password see below: