Connection with Spotify lost - again and again and again

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

413 replies

Having the same issue. Having two sonos 5 acting as two bricks right now since we only use it for Spotify streaming.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hey guys, thank you very much for the information. We're investigating and would really appreciate it if you can submit a diagnostic & reply with the confirmation number.
Same issue. Something is clearly wrong here.Diagnostic 4309669
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Spotify account says lost connection. I can't play anything from my spotify through sonos but was able to two days ago. Every other system works and I tried erasing and readding my account and also resetting my router. It won't play more than 45 seconds of a song though.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Spotify connection lost. Since yesterday my spotify connection stopped working.
It seems that it is the same problem that was mentioned in various other threads. I've follwed all the steps (e.g. Restarting the Router, Disconnecting all Sonos devices, deleting Spotify account and adding it again). The problem is still there.

Confirmation Number: 4309303
Rdio streaming is working fine, also streaming from local NAS. Spotify iOS App and Mac OS Apps work fine. So it should not be an issue related with my provider.
I've also tried to switch to public DNS servers. 

Looking to hear from you soon!
Same problem.  Diagnostic #4309902
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Can you try to remove your Spotify account from Sonos then re-add it using your Spotify username instead of Facebook credentials? Let me know the result.
Can you try to remove your Spotify account from Sonos then re-add it using your Spotify username instead of Facebook credentials? Let me know the result.

I I have done this a couple of times without success. My hunch, and it's only a hunch, is that it is related to Spotify not allowing multiple concurrent access to an account. My is hunch was strengthened by the fact that the Spotify app on my phone paused playback due to another device accessing my account, when no other device was. This happened only once on the Spotify app and it was soon after experiencing the issue on the Sonos hardware.

Could Sonos somehow now be spawning multiple multiple accesses to the same Spotify account?
I've done all the suggested steps except logging in with my spotify username because I don't have one.

Diagnostic #4310468 
I gave you a diagnostic number 4 weeks ago. 4241936. You ignored me.
When trying to re-link Spotify with Sonos I'm getting error "(500) Sorry we are unable to set up your Spotify account at this time."
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hello Everyone, 

We've seen a few people run into issue with loading their Spotify accounts on Sonos. As Mohammed mentioned, a current work around is to add your account using Spotify credentials and by-passing your Facebook login. 

Please let us know if you have success with this or if you run into further issue. We'll be happy to take a deeper look. 
Issue seems to be resolved. Thanks for the help, Sonos!
My setup worked fine for a month with both My wife's and my spotify accounts.  Now everything BUT spotify works on the SONOS system. I've done a full reset, moved the bridge to another room, full reset again and still nothing.  There are too many people having issues with Spotify and Sonos for you to tell me there's something wrong with my system.

And yes we do use Facebook to login, but when you do that, you don't GET a spotify account, it says if you want to edit your account to go to facebook.com.  If you think that will fix it, provide instructions on how to back out of your facebook/spotify setup and go to a regular one.

And I tried to get diagnostics, it fails, and says try again.  Meanwhile, I can still stream MP3's and Pandora flawlessly everywhere.  
My setup worked fine for a month with both My wife's and my spotify accounts.  Now everything BUT spotify works on the SONOS system. I've done a full reset, moved the bridge to another room, full reset again and still nothing.  There are too many people having issues with Spotify and Sonos for you to tell me there's something wrong with my system.

And yes we do use Facebook to login, but when you do that, you don't GET a spotify account, it says if you want to edit your account to go to facebook.com.  If you think that will fix it, provide instructions on how to back out of your facebook/spotify setup and go to a regular one.

And I tried to get diagnostics, it fails, and says try again.  Meanwhile, I can still stream MP3's and Pandora flawlessly everywhere.  

Exactly my situation.Please fix.

Me too. This is ridiculous SONOS!
Signed up through Facebook, so no independent spotify account to log in to.
Diagnostic 4311615
I have the same problem despite all the above steps. Diagnostic 4311634. I removed spotify from my sonos but now when I have readded it it tells me that sonos requires a spotify premium account. I have a premium account- it is still valid subscription, I checked on the spotify website.
I also signed up to Spotify through Facebook and have no independent Spotify account to log in with. Totally stuck now.
Same problem here, started a few days ago; not sure if it started before or after the latest system update. Diagnostic 4311656 
wow this thread was quiet until a few days ago. now there are multiple messages per day. sometimes per hour @sonos
Come on Sonos - sort this out asap - spent a lot of money on my Sonos gear, have been using Sonos and Spotify fine for over a year, and now suddenly it won't work.  Have rebooted everything, removed and re-added spotify to my Sonos system, still won't play anything.  Way to kill a party mood - no tunes.
Hi, same issue over here (Antwerp, BE). Songs are being cut off in the middle or aborted... 😞
Userlevel 2
Why don't you (Sonos) fix your crappy software?????
Same issue.  multiple bridges, networks and players.  

Your confirmation number is: 4313291.
Same issue since a few days. Did reset of router, changed UTP cable to bridge, moved bridge much further than my router. Radio and local music works fine, but when I use spotify it skips songs, and sometimes it won't even start playing songs.