Connection with Spotify lost - again and again and again

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

413 replies

Same issue for me. Worked perfectly for two years and now impossible
Same problem here in The Netherlands. Spotify connection lost and when I try to reconnect / re-authorize, I get an error. Worked great until two hours or so ago. Had this problem once before, long time ago.
Same issue here. I have not managed to replace DNS settings on our router (our internet connection stopped working because of it), so I hope there is another solution. Confirmation number is 4240579. Thanks.
The same problem! It has been working fine until 1 hour ago. Nothing has been changed/updated.. Removed Spotify service and now I am unable to put it back. Shows Error There was problem authorizing your account.. Diagnostics no. 4240626
Same problem here too - diagnostics number 4241777. Please help!
Exact same issue some kind of server fault at spotify or Sonos ?
its wrong at sonos side. think it issue with spotify API as it seams not to pass any data from sonos over to spotify before sonos timesout through its api they using
Me too.....how annoying on Xmas day. I hope this will be addressed ASAP
Same problem here in The Netherlands. Spotify connection lost and when I try to reconnect / re-authorize, I get an error. Worked great until two hours or so ago. Had this problem once before, long time ago.
Fixed. Was able to reconnect my Spotify account.
The same problem! It has been working fine until 1 hour ago. Nothing has been changed/updated.. Removed Spotify service and now I am unable to put it back. Shows Error There was problem authorizing your account.. Diagnostics no. 4240626
Fixed.
Similar problem as yeterday! Now it plays only from the queue. Will not open any playlists from Spotify. Diagnostics no. 4244079. it would be much easier if Sonos would admit a connectivity problem with Spotify and people do not get frustrated until its fixed!
same here...it even seems around the same time as yesterday...very annoying! Diagnostics 4244167. Hope it gets fixed soon!
I also have the same problem, very annoying when home and enjoying the holidays.
What did you do to fix it?
I also experience the same problem for 2 days, just for the Christmas evenings.. great...
All other services (Deezer, Radio, my own music library on my NAS) work perfectly well. Only Spotify has problems.

From the existing stream, it generally plays, but I cannot browse my playlists or search for music. The connectivity is very sporadic: sometimes I cannot browse a single page within the service, sometimes I can list my playlist but cannot see the songs in them, sometimes it works for a few minutes and then stops. And again: only with Spotify which makes me think that it is not an issue on my side, but either on Sonos or Spotify (whereas Spotify client works well on smartphone and PC).

My diagnostics ID: 4244555

Thanks for your support.
Similar issues here, logged out of all devices, even reset my spotify account on my controller! Guess they left the n00b in charge over x-mas 🙂 Diagnostics 4244632
Still not working and no word from Sonos. Anyone around to help or at least tell us when the problem will be fixed and to stop wasting our time?
Same went down Christmas Day just as I was banging out a chrismtmas album ..Radio works fine NAS works fine ..Spotify dead

Your confirmation number is: 4244742.
Same went down Christmas Day just as I was banging out a chrismtmas album ..Radio works fine NAS works fine ..Spotify dead

Sorry Sonos .. As good as what your system sounds when it is running .. theres no way that everybody is having faulty equipment at the same time.. Come clean and make people aware of problems.. I too subscribe to Spotify at £9.99 pm and cannot enjoy it through your equipment. Diagnostic Number 4244828

It's not SONOS problem, it's spotify service that has crashed. Too many people trying at the same time to use the service.
It's spotify that's at fault here; not SONOS. I can serve music from my NAS, no issues. When i search spotify i get no reaction. It's bound to happen, too many people at home trying to access a system that's overloaded with requests.
Still not working and no word from Sonos. Anyone around to help or at least tell us when the problem will be fixed and to stop wasting our time?
It's not a sono issue, spotify is offline.
It's spotify that's at fault here; not SONOS. I can serve music from my NAS, no issues. When i search spotify i get no reaction. It's bound to happen, too many people at home trying to access a system that's overloaded with requests.
Hi, I do not know of much about this, but my Spotify works absolutely fine providing I access through Spotify apps directly on phones, tablets or PCs. I've checked several. Wouldn't this indicate a sonos rather than Spotify problem?
Today it's working again 😉

I've had this issue before though, a few weeks ago, I reset my account then and it worked. But I'm sure it's an issue with Spotify and not SONOS?!
Since December 26th the system is working again. It is thus not an issue on our side but either on Sonos or Spotify. There is probably some sort of web service in-between both that Sonos accesses to get the data from Spotify. Probably the sizing (hardware, etc.) is not appropriate and it does not support access peaks. 
The result is like a DDOS attack on the service.

Just my guess. Anyway, Spotify+Sonos should solve this issue.