Connection with Spotify lost - again and again and again

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

413 replies

Hey Matt R: I did what you said: i changed the wlan network. but the problem is still there. i made a new diagnostic: 7478981
Hi

It's been rubbish today. Submitted diagnostic 7480154. Could you let me know what's going wrong?
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
BOBQRO - We aren't able to gather much information from the diagnostic as it seems the player was rebooted before submitting. Mind submitting a diagnostic within 10 minutes of the issue happening and posting the number?

Stumps & JamesB1 - I have applied small software updates to your system to help with those lost connection errors. Let me know if you are still experiencing the same issue after the update.
Hi Omar H. Thanks for that. I'll try it this weekend. Just a quick question - I've had an email which suggests I upgrade to 7.3. Will this interfere with the "small software update" which you have applied to my system, or should I just update my Sonos app as usual?

Thanks again,

James
Hello,
I have the same issue as most people here... can see all of my SONOS devices and can group / ungroup them from Spotify but cannot connect to them. Diagnostics 7547863
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Hello CJRock, looking at your diagnostics, I can see that you do not have Spotify added as a service to Sonos. Are you able to add the Spotify service to Sonos within the Sonos app? Once this is done, you should then be able to use Spotify Connect with Sonos.
Userlevel 2
"Connection with Spotify lost" - again and again.
When choosing Spotify app and play Sonos, it is ok, but Sonos/Spotify does not work.
Hello, problem with error message of connection to Spotify lost.
Diagnostic 902112161
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hello, problem with error message of connection to Spotify lost.
Diagnostic 902112161

Hi Peter,

I replied to your post in the other thread.
So 4 years this thread has been open and still no fix from Sonos. This is ridiculous considering the price of the systems. As people have pointed out time and time again the issue lies with sonos and spotify, not ethernet cables, not electronic interferance, not missing updates, not DNS settings, not aliens, Every other service works as it should, yet Spotify constantly 'loses connection'. Which in itself is rubbish as you can usually still browse spotify using the sonos app, it just wont play the songs. Sometimes weeks will go by with no issues and then all of a sudden once again it fails and there is nothing you can do to fix it, you just have to wait until it decides it wants to play ball again. Why has this not been fixed yet????????
I use Spotify and Sonos for my alarm, this morning I woke up late for work because of this. Thanks Sonos!
Same issue as everyone else it appears. Diagnostic 1372485791

Spotify disconnects all the time, it’s almost unusable.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Same issue as everyone else it appears. Diagnostic 1372485791
Spotify disconnects all the time, it’s almost unusable.

I'd start one new thread of your own, with the diagnostic number as part of the subject. Also include what Sonos devices you have and how they're connected.

Note that although you refer to 'the same issue', there are many reasons for interrupted playback. It's almost always something from a standard set of problems with the the user's network or wireless environment. Sonos support on Twitter or by phone are apparently very good at assisting with debugging and resolution.