Connection to Tidal lost

Tidal was working fine, then all of a sudden I cannot play any tracks.  I can browse, add to playlist, etc. but when I try to play I get "Unable to play [track name] - the connection to Tidal was lost" for every single Tidal track in the queue.  Songza and radio connect no problem so it's not internet. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

34 replies

I am with Sonos 10.0 (but it was same issue with previous version) and listening to Tidal I listen for 20-40 seconds of a song before Sonos displays "Connexion lost with Tidal" , jumps to next song and works for 20-40 secends before Sonos... etc,etc... until Tidal is stopped... What can I do (Listening to TuneIn is quite better) What can I do ??
I am facing this issue too! Internet speed seems to be fine it for some reason tidal keeps disconnecting and starting the next song.
and there you go, i upgraded to HI-FI subsription at Tidal, and then it works, so obviously there is an issue when downgrading to std subsription at Tidal ( through wimp ) pls fix!
I also have this problem after downgrading from HI-FI subscription. Please fix this!!!
I also have this problem after downgrading from HI-FI subscription.
I had this same issue after downgrading to tidal's lower subscription. I fixed it by going to tidal website, switching back to the expensive subscription at which point it started playing again in the Sonos app, then switched back to the cheap one again. So far, it's still working...
I have the same issue and it is only on Tidal. I want to listen to Tidal -- they have the sound quality, they have the music. Let's get this problem fixed.
Hi,

As of the past few days I’ve been having this same issue with the connection being lost mid way threw songs and forcing them to skip. Please help! I bought all of this equipment to host a party this Saturday need a rapid response and solution if you can...Thanks in advance.
I’ve had exactly the same thing that others have been discussing. Only started to happen over the past two or three days and only with Tidal. I play radio etc fine but only really want to listen to Tidal and am struggling to be able to.

Is there a reason that it’s started to happen to lots of people at the same time and is there a good fix for this yet?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Katherine,

We would like to see some data from your system to determine why the connection to TIDAL can't be made. Please send us a diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number. Here's how: How to submit diagnostic reports.
I am having the same problem for the last month.  I am unable to connect to Tidal.  I just sent a diagnostic report.  The confirmation number is: 4557469.  If it can't be corrected I will be dropping Tidal.  No problems with other streaming services such as Songza or Pandora.
To my delight, the update that I downloaded yesterday seem to correct the Tidal problem.  I have been playing Tidal on my Sonos for the last two days.  Thank you and please do not change anything!
Mine is still having an issue. It says my credentials are wrong...I have signed in to tidal through my pc and have not had an issue. This has been a problem even after the update
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Mine is still having an issue. It says my credentials are wrong...I have signed in to tidal through my pc and have not had an issue. This has been a problem even after the update

Hi Scott,

Can you try removing the TIDAL service from Sonos then try adding it back? This should re-authenticate your credentials and should help fix the issue. If that does not work, please send us a diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number. Here's how to submit reports.
Hi
I also get the "Unable to play [track name] - the connection to Tidal was lost". My System is fully updated and I have tried to remove and reinstall the Tidal plug-in.
Playing from Tidal using Chrome works fine. From Sonos both Playing Digitally Imported through Tune-in and Spotify works.

Any idea what can course this?
I experience the same problem, connection to tidal was lost, can search and everything, have tried to reinstall Tidal, but no improvements. WIMP works, Tidal not, even there is the same problem. Problem started after I downgraded from hi-fi subsription to premium...
what can i do?
Userlevel 2
Badge
and there you go, i upgraded to HI-FI subsription at Tidal, and then it works, so obviously there is an issue when downgrading to std subsription at Tidal ( through wimp ) pls fix!

Problem seems worse than that. I have a brand new Hi-Fi account which can't connect through Sonos either.
Badge
Same issue. Diagnostic #: 5151682
Same problem after downgrading. Help! 5260420
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
I have reviewed your diagnostic and found a DNS issue. Is your system still experiencing the same problem?
If yes, remove your Tidal account, reboot both the Sonos system and the router. Once everything is back up and running re-add your account and try again.
Let us know how it goes, and submit a new diagnostic.
I have reviewed your diagnostic and found a DNS issue. Is your system still experiencing the same problem?
If yes, remove your Tidal account, reboot both the Sonos system and the router. Once everything is back up and running re-add your account and try again.

I have done everything suggested, still the connection is lost..
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I have done everything suggested, still the connection is lost..

Hi FirstUser,

I'd like to take a look at a diagnostic report from your system in order to understand why you are getting that error. Please send in a report then reply with the confirmation number, here's how.
I had this same issue after downgrading to tidal's lower subscription. I fixed it by going to tidal website, switching back to the expensive subscription at which point it started playing again in the Sonos app, then switched back to the cheap one again. So far, it's still working...

Can confirm Richard_71 approach worked. Was very frustrated but now seems to be working just fine....
Same issue 6250219
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Same issue 6250219
Hi jonmb63, I have reviewed your diagnostic found a couple sync errors between the Sonos and Tidal.
Is the system experiencing the same the problems with local music or/and TuneIn radio stations? As, some Sonos units are experiencing peals of wireless interference that may lead up to the audio drops.