Answered

"connection to spotify was lost" and "connection to Google music was lost" Can't play anything

• 15 August 2019
  • 3 replies

Just stopped today. Had a Sony SmartTV installed -- could that have done it?
icon

Best answer by Theo99 15 August 2019, 23:26

Thanks for your reply. I am using Google WiFi, which is connected by ethernet to the modem. I'm using two S1 speakers, which show up on my controller. (I don't know how to determine what controller I'm using; but I know there isn't any further update for it.)
I unplugged the Google WiFi from the modem and replugged it in yesterday. That didn't help -- still couldn't use Spotify or Google Music. I could, however, play a radio station from TuneIn. Today, thank goodness, Spotify and Google Music work. Don't know what did it, but everything is working now. Again, thanks for your contribution.
View original

3 replies

Seems unlikely, but it is possible that the TV is generating enough wifi interference to cause disconnection. Fairly easy to test, just unplug the TV from the wall, and see if anything changes.

I'm willing to bet it doesn't, it's hard to see that a new TV would generate enough interference to disrupt the ability of the speakers to reach your wifi router.

So, do you have one of your speakers connected to your router with an ethernet cable? If not, go ahead and do that, and see if, after a minute or two, they all show up in your controller.

Speaking of the controller, what version are you running? What device(s) are you running it on? What OS versions are on those devices? Which Sonos speakers do you have? Is there a chance that someone turned off the 2.4ghz channel on your router, leaving only the 5Ghz channel active?
Thanks for your reply. I am using Google WiFi, which is connected by ethernet to the modem. I'm using two S1 speakers, which show up on my controller. (I don't know how to determine what controller I'm using; but I know there isn't any further update for it.)
I unplugged the Google WiFi from the modem and replugged it in yesterday. That didn't help -- still couldn't use Spotify or Google Music. I could, however, play a radio station from TuneIn. Today, thank goodness, Spotify and Google Music work. Don't know what did it, but everything is working now. Again, thanks for your contribution.
I do know there was a TuneIn outage this morning, but that wouldn't have affected Spotify or Google music.

Glad everything's working for you today.