Answered

Connection to Spotify was lost

• 3 June 2021
  • 7 replies

Hello,

I am having an issue playing Spotify through my Sonos app. I keep getting an error message saying "Unable to play (song) the connection to Spotify was lost." After spending some time searching for a solution online, it became apparent that this is a widespread problem with no definitive solution. Nevertheless, I am determined to find an answer.

Additional information:

• Diagnostic: 2024196285

• Internet connection is stable.

• Issue just occured today during playback. Sonos system was installed a few weeks ago, and everything was working fine until today.

• Spotify app works fine by itself, and I can play Sonos Radio through the speakers. The issue only seems to be when I try to play Spotify through Sonos.

• I have tried powering the Sonos amps off and on. No fix.

• I have removed my Spotify account in the Sonos app, and then reconnected it. No fix.

• I have tried clearing my queue in the Sonos app. No fix.

• I checked for updates on both apps after the problem occured. No update for Spotify, but I did update Sonos. No fix.

I believe that is all the relevant information that I can provide at this time. I look forward to a response and hopefully a fix.

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Corry P 7 June 2021, 13:47

Hi @KBeaumont 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

And thanks for the diagnostics - I was able to confirm that you’re being affected by a known issue that we are currently investigating.

Other than you perhaps needing to install a future update, this is up either Spotify or ourselves to fix - there’s nothing you’ll be able to do to fix the issue permanently. Some users have noticed an improvement after rebooting their entire Sonos system, however. I recommend taking the opportunity to reboot your router by removing power for 30 seconds too.

Edit: Or as you have already mentioned, play Spotify on Sonos from the Spotify app.

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Try resetting the Sonos app under App Preferences and rebooting your phone. If that doesn’t work, try re-installing the Sonos app.

Try resetting the Sonos app under App Preferences and rebooting your phone. If that doesn’t work, try re-installing the Sonos app.

Thank you for your advice, unfortunately I tried this and still the problem persists.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @KBeaumont 

And thanks for the diagnostics - I was able to confirm that you’re being affected by a known issue that we are currently investigating.

Other than you perhaps needing to install a future update, this is up either Spotify or ourselves to fix - there’s nothing you’ll be able to do to fix the issue permanently. Some users have noticed an improvement after rebooting their entire Sonos system, however. I recommend taking the opportunity to reboot your router by removing power for 30 seconds too.

Edit: Or as you have already mentioned, play Spotify on Sonos from the Spotify app.

I have the same issue and I cant connect to the sonos speakers using spotify app as well, it’s stuck on connecting. Please help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Indrasentosa 

I recommend you make sure both the Sonos and Spotify apps are up-to-date, then reboot your phone/tablet and switch off your router and Sonos speaker(s). Once the router has been off for 30 seconds or more, switch it on and wait for WiFi to return before switching on Sonos again.

If you then still can’t connect Spotify to Sonos, try removing Spotify from Sonos and add it again:

Remove a music service account from Sonos

Add a music service to Sonos

If that doesn’t help either, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Connection to Spotify was lost - “And thanks for the diagnostics - I was able to confirm that you’re being affected by a known issue that we are currently investigating.” Has this issue been resolved?

There’s been no indication at this point that Spotify’s engineers have been able to resolve the issue, despite the assistance of Sonos’ engineers. There would like be a lot of various threads that have a response from Sonos when it occurs, since there are over a dozen separate threads currently discussing it as an issue.