I am having an issue playing Spotify through my Sonos app. I keep getting an error message saying "Unable to play (song) the connection to Spotify was lost." After spending some time searching for a solution online, it became apparent that this is a widespread problem with no definitive solution. Nevertheless, I am determined to find an answer.
• Diagnostic: 2024196285
• Internet connection is stable.
• Issue just occured today during playback. Sonos system was installed a few weeks ago, and everything was working fine until today.
• Spotify app works fine by itself, and I can play Sonos Radio through the speakers. The issue only seems to be when I try to play Spotify through Sonos.
• I have tried powering the Sonos amps off and on. No fix.
• I have removed my Spotify account in the Sonos app, and then reconnected it. No fix.
• I have tried clearing my queue in the Sonos app. No fix.
• I checked for updates on both apps after the problem occured. No update for Spotify, but I did update Sonos. No fix.
I believe that is all the relevant information that I can provide at this time. I look forward to a response and hopefully a fix.
Thanks in advance!
Best answer by Corry P
Welcome to the Sonos Community!
And thanks for the diagnostics - I was able to confirm that you’re being affected by a known issue that we are currently investigating.
Other than you perhaps needing to install a future update, this is up either Spotify or ourselves to fix - there’s nothing you’ll be able to do to fix the issue permanently. Some users have noticed an improvement after rebooting their entire Sonos system, however. I recommend taking the opportunity to reboot your router by removing power for 30 seconds too.
Edit: Or as you have already mentioned, play Spotify on Sonos from the Spotify app.