Question

Connection to Spotify lost

I often lose connection between Spotify and Sonos regularly to the point where it is now very frustrating. I have a Sonos boost connected directly to my Linksys node with all other speakers connected wirelessly, though when playing Spotify on my iPhone I don’t experience any drop outs. Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

5 replies

Note that in the majority of cases, losing connection between Sonos and any service has to do with the connection between the speakers and the router. In your case, since you have a BOOST connected to your router, it's probably not wifi interference (although it's still possible, especially if your local wifi and the SonosNet channels are the same....) but it might be a simple IP address issue. Try unplugging your Sonos devices, and then reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, plug in the BOOST, and give it a minute to come up. Then plug in your Sonos speakers, one at a time, letting each one boot up before moving to the next.
I have the same issue, I do not have boost, I have connected the sub to the router with the ethernet cable because I have a 5.1 GHz wireless, I keep rebooting everything at least 2-3 times a week which is a pain in the neck, surely there is a more permanent solution?
I have actually reserved ip addresses for all my speakers and they still cut out from time to time, especially the Sub. Any other ideas?
Have you reviewed the link I posted, about wifi interference? Assigning IP addresses is only for about (as a guesstimate) 10% of the cases, the rest have much more to do with wifi interference. And if you prefer, you could simply submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.
I have tried the best I can to create some space between my modem, router and Sonos boost
So far so good. If I get any further drop outs I will submit a diagnostic.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings