Answered

Connection to Apple Music was lost

During my normal play time on my sonos system I have got the same message of "connection to Apple Music was lost". I have had no problem ever since the release of using Apple Music until tonight?? Please help
icon

Best answer by thibauldb 30 May 2016, 02:01

It seems to be back in action 😉
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

29 replies

Userlevel 1
Holy F how is this happening again? We have been conned into thinking Sonos was a first rate product and they continually fail to deliver. Nothing more frustrating than paying thousands and thousands of dollars for a service that doesn't work when you want it to. I hope fSonos is paying people overtime to fix the Apple Music problems
+1; same problem here... Apple Music worked fine on Sonos a few hours ago. Apple Music still works on iPhone and iTunes and I can still play internet radio on Sonos...
It seems to be back in action 😉
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Holy F how is this happening again? We have been conned into thinking Sonos was a first rate product and they continually fail to deliver. Nothing more frustrating than paying thousands and thousands of dollars for a service that doesn't work when you want it to. I hope fSonos is paying people overtime to fix the Apple Music problems
Hi, happy to help and check your Sonos system. Please provide us a diagnostic and reply with the confirmation number. Here's an article explaining how: How to Submit Diagnostic
Me too same problem.. confirmation id 6886930
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Me too same problem.. confirmation id 6886930

Hi mellox90,

Your Sonos speaker is losing connection to your wireless network from time to time. Please try changing your router's wireless channel to 1 or 11 and see if that helps.
Me too, same problem. 4 speakers in the house that are currently not usable!! What a waste of money! 7002404
And 20 minutes later they are working. Very frustrating.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Me too, same problem. 4 speakers in the house that are currently not usable!! What a waste of money! 7002404

Hi bswanson,

Your speakers are losing connection to your wireless network from time to time. Please try rebooting your router. Also, it may help to change your router's wireless channel to 6 or 11.

Hi bswanson,

Your speakers are losing connection to your wireless network from time to time. Please try rebooting your router. Also, it may help to change your router's wireless channel to 6 or 11.

Thanks Jeff, but how come when the speakers were losing connection, I was able to stream music via the Apple Music app whilst the speakers weren't working and was also able to stream a movie via my Apple TV immediately beforehand? Seems a bit strange blaming the wireless network, when my other hardware items had no issues with the connection and the Sonos speakers were closest to the router. Is the root cause of the connection issue not within the speakers?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi bswanson,

Thanks Jeff, but how come when the speakers were losing connection, I was able to stream music via the Apple Music app whilst the speakers weren't working and was also able to stream a movie via my Apple TV immediately beforehand? Seems a bit strange blaming the wireless network, when my other hardware items had no issues with the connection and the Sonos speakers were closest to the router. Is the root cause of the connection issue not within the speakers?

Your diagnostic report shows that your speakers are losing connection to the wireless network. They reconnect quickly, but this can be enough to stop the buffering on a stream of music. Most of the time this is due to wireless interference. This could also be due to other networking issues. It's hard to say from the diagnostic report alone. If the steps given don't help, let me know and I'll create a support ticket for you and get you in touch with our phone team who can take a deeper look.
Sorry if this isn't the correct place to post this - but today I've had problems with tracks stopping, connectivity to Apple music lost, same playing from my iPhone. Happy to submit a diagnostic code.
Hope you can help. Thx
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Sorry if this isn't the correct place to post this - but today I've had problems with tracks stopping, connectivity to Apple music lost, same playing from my iPhone. Happy to submit a diagnostic code.
Hope you can help. Thx

Hi Cokes,

This is a great place to post a diagnostic number. Please submit a report and I'll take a look for you.
Thx Jeff, 7054774
Had an occasional track skip previously, but today it's been every few tracks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thx Jeff, 7054774
Had an occasional track skip previously, but today it's been every few tracks.

There are some underflow errors which indicate that the streaming media was too slow getting to your speakers, leading to an audio cut out. It may help to change your router's wireless channel to one that is a bit less crowded Please try changing your router's wireless channel to 1 and see if playback improves.
Thx Jeff - I changed both 2.4 and 5 GHz channels from Auto to specific channels, and I'm sitting listening with my fingers crossed.
Badge
Hi,

Same problem. Apple music connection keeps failing.

Diagnostic number: 7059146

Thanks
Hi, Same issue with Apple Music. It's almost every other song. Diagnostic number 7060373. Thanks!
Same. I can't talk up a product that only plays 38 seconds of each song then moves on.

Thanks
Hmmm, looks like the recent issues are not Sonos related...
http://www.idownloadblog.com/2017/02/02/apple-music-randomly-skipping-songs-you-are-not-alone/
Badge
Same diagnostic number 7116258
same problem here, I bought sonos thinking it was one of the best or even the wireless system in the market, i spend thousands of dollar in a system i can barely use. i hope this issue will be promptly resolved
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi,

Same problem. Apple music connection keeps failing.

Diagnostic number: 7059146

Thanks

Hi glprice17,

If you're still having issues playing Apple Music it may help to change your router's wireless channel to 6. This should reduce interference from nearby networks. Let me know how it goes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Same issue with Apple Music. It's almost every other song. Diagnostic number 7060373. Thanks!

Hi staze,

It looks like there's some wireless interference causing communication errors on your system. Try changing your router's wireless channel to 6 and see if things improve.