Question

Connection problems after changing router.

• 22 August 2020
  • 1 reply

I purchased a new router and now the speaker doesn’t connect and the software on my phone just says try again with no other options. I deinstalled and reinstalled the app as well. I am logging into my old account and am thinking it should query me to change router settings or choose another network.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @psakach, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming from. Regarding your concern about connecting your Sonos system on a new router, Kindly check this link for the process of connecting Sonos to a new router. You also need to temporarily hardwire one Sonos speaker directly to the router. and The Sonos App should show up. and perform these steps for the Wireless setup. 

You can switch from a wired to a wireless configuration by connecting your Sonos products to your WiFi network.

1. Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
  2. From the Settings tab, tap System > Network > NetworksWireless Setup and follow the prompts to enter your WiFi password.
  3. Once the wireless setup is complete, disconnect the Ethernet cable from any Sonos products wired to your router.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.