Connection problems

• 3 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +1
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 8 replies

Almost daily I have to reboot my router so it recognises Sonos particularly on my phone. It sometimes happens on my PC but not as regularly.

It often stalls but corrects itself when I close and restart the internet connection.

Recently had a new router and improved internet connection.

Carried out the usual ethernet checks.

Had this problem on and off for a couple of years. Deleted and reinstalled the app numerous times.

Anyone any idea why this may be?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Hi, A few questions.

1. Which router are you now using?  What sort of phone?
  2. Do you have a Sonos device wired to your router, or is system  fully WiFi?
  3. Any access points, extenders, mesh satellites?
Badge +1

Hi John

Sky router, Huawei Android phone, one product directly in the router, none of the elements in 3

Hi.  That sounds about as straightforward as you can get.  Very similar to mine, except Samsung phone. 

Make sure your wired device is at least a couple of feet from your router.

Are the channels used by the router and Sonos well separated?  Use 1, 6 , 11, for example router on 1, Sonos on 6.  Don’t use the router’s Auto channel setting 

Do you have both the 5GHz and 2.4Ghz bands under one SS|ID?  Might be worth separating to make sure yuu connect in a stable way to one or the other (although with a wired Sonos component it should not matter which.