Connection lost to spotify and skips songs half way through

• 28 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I’ve seen various others with the same problem, when playing music with spotify I often get an error message half way through a track saying the “connection to spotify was lost” and it skips to the next track.  My sonos devices are on a wifi connection, speed and everyone else on the connection looks good - can you tell me how to fix please?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

There’s a host of other threads in which Sonos has suggested that if you’re only experiencing this on Spotify, it’s a known issue and the Sonos engineers are working with the Spotify engineers to resolve it, with no known length of time to share. 

If you’re running into the issue on streams other than Spotify, it could be a local network issue, and it may be worth reading the wifi interference FAQ.

Yep - just been told the same by Sonos themselves.  Engineers are working on a fix, with no known timescale.  The workaround is to play music from the spotify app itself and not from the Sonos app.  Having done that this now seems to be working perfectly.  So obviously it’s an issue with the Sonos/ Spotify interface somewhere.  So glad I paid all that money for the system.  Hurry up Sonos and get it fixed!

My suspicion is it isn’t a Sonos issue, but a Spotify issue. If it were a Sonos issue, it would likely be affecting all streams, not just Spotify. But that’s a logic based, not knowledge based answer.