Answered

Connection issues

• 27 January 2021
  • 2 replies

My Connect device is connected with a wire to a router. I have a home network also connected wiredly to the same router. However when I am far from the Sonos device and not connected to the same router wireless, I can't control the device. Looks like I am not getting the connection to the device via the TP Link extender, whereas I am receiving the internet signal. looks like the Sonos device is not accepting the wired connection and always prioritizing it's wireless network... has anyone encountered a similar issue ? Lionel 

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 27 January 2021, 20:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi @liobot 

The Connect that is wired to your router should have created the SonosNet that all Sonos will join versus your home wifi. As long as your device is connected to your main routers wifi you should be able to see and control your Sonos.

It sounds like the extender may have itsown SSID and/or has DHCP active. Therefore when your device is in range it switches to the extenders network (SSD). A range extender should operate as an extension of the network (SSID) generated by the router. Also, it should not be DHCP capable. Let us know how your network is configured.

thank you. 

I changed the setting of the extension to router mode and it now works. 

thanks a lot.