Question

Connection Issues

• 2 November 2017
  • 1 reply

Hi guys.

I am experiencing a pretty bizzar issue with my Sonos system which i hope someone can help with. Firstly i should point out what might be important info: I have the Sonos One and Sonos Play 3. Both are up to date. Both are attached to the same WiFi Network. I use Sky internet (the newer Sky Q hub) and the wireless speed is constant around 30-35meg.

The problem: not everytime but quite often i am getting an issue where by i will open the Sonos app and only one of my Sonos - usually the Play 3, will show up in my devices list on the app. I have to close and re-open the app multiple times or sometimes even power down then back up the actual speaker to get it to show up in the app.

The Sonos Play 3 is located in an upstairs bedroom and always shows up on the app. The Sonos One is located in our lounge (nearest to the router) and thats the one that always has connection issues. There are time when it is connected aswell that it will be very slow in responding to my commands via the app i.e. turning the volume up will take about 10-20 seconds to actually register. None of these issues are happening with the Play 3.

I cant work out whether or not this is and issue with that particlar unit, whether its an internet issue or something else becuase of the problems intermittent and speradic nature. For a further example, ive expeience being able to see it in the app straight away, start playing something and then a while later coming back to the app and all of a sudden it cant find the speaker yet the music still plays.

Hopefully someone can help. I consider myself quite techy bu this one has me stumped. If you need any further info then let me know and ill do my best to provide it :)

Tanks in advance, Andy.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Submit a diagnostic and post the reference number here. In the meantime, you can try a network refresh if you have the time. This will flush out any duplicate IP issues:

Reboot/power cycle your devices in the following order:

Modem
Router
Switches or hubs
Wired Sonos units
Wireless Sonos units
Computers/printers
Wireless devices - phones/tablets etc.

Allow each device to come back up before proceeding to the next. Note that you can permanently prevent duplicate IP addresses by assigning an IP to each device's MAC address in the router setup. See your router manual for details.