Connection Issue with Sky Q hub

• 21 April 2018
  • 9 replies

I have a Sonos Boost hard wired to a Sky Q hub. My Sonos is running on SonosNet. I have a full strength Wi-Fi signal all over the house and in the garden, however I can never connect my iPhone controller to the Sonos setup unless I am within 15ft and on the same floor as the Sky Q hub. I have changed the hub Wi-Fi channel to 11 and SonosNet to channel 1. This is really annoying as I cannot make full use of my 4 play1,sub, playbar and play5. I have to use the Sky Q hub as that’s the only way to turn the Sky Q boxes into hotspots. The boost is sited 12ft away from the hub but hard wired to it. This is really frustrating!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Richard74. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Is your iPhone the only controller that is unable to connect to Sonos? Would you mind submitting a diagnostic report and replying with the confirmation number it gives at the end? Thanks in advance!
Userlevel 5
Badge +6
I have had a year of hell with Sky Q hub and Sky Q minis acting as mesh remotes. It's a complete disaster. Very similar setup to Richard74. I really think my only way out of it is to turn off ALL Sky Q router functionality and get a new router. I've tried the Boost alongside it. Still have problems.
Perhaps you might follow Keith N's suggestion, and submit the diagnostic report he requested, and post the number here? Much more likely to get help that way.
Userlevel 5
Badge +6
Perhaps you might follow Keith N's suggestion, and submit the diagnostic report he requested, and post the number here? Much more likely to get help that way.

Sorry Airgetlam. I've been really struggling with Sonos all day, with technical issues - one of those days when its embarrassing that our 'big system' in the family just doesn't work and we sit in silence because everything we have funnels through Sonos!!! So I was spending all my time on that.... but my diagnostic is 1826914332
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, Chopdog. Thanks for the diagnostic report. I noticed in this report, that the En Suite Connect:Amp is plugged into the network. Is this plugged directly into the main routing unit, a switch or one of the Sky Q Minis? I also noticed that the Sonos system has wireless credentials for a network called "Apple Airport". Let's remove those credentials to make sure Sonos doesn't hop over to wireless communication for any reason.

In your previous post you said you had tried using a BOOST. Was that unit plugged into the main routing unit? Was the Connect:Amp connected at the same time?

Thanks again in advance!
Userlevel 5
Badge +6
Wireless reset. Yesterday was a bad day / turned out due to the service issue you are probably aware of. The connect amp is on the same wired network as the Living Room unit and the boost. Via switch attached to the router.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
With all those changes made, please replicate the problem and submit another diagnostic report. I'd like to compare results and see if things are looking any better. Alternatively, you can give our support technicians a call to take a look at this in real time. They are able to set up a remote session and get a better idea of the local network and determine the best way to get Sonos sorted.
Userlevel 5
Badge +6
Things have improved after disabling wireless on the Sonos units, and the Boost is off. It’s now Sononet and wired playbar and connect amp. 717004706