Answered

Connecting to Sonos One

Hello. I am having trouble connecting to my Sonos One. It wont show in my Sonos app and wont show in the Spotify app. I have tried to factory reset the speaker, but nothing works... I am 100% sure its connected to the same WIFI network as my phone is. Sometimes i can play from the Spotify app, but only for a short time of period. Then it wont show anymore and the sound is gone. Infact, the only thing i can do is to ask Alexa to play Global Top 50 playlist from Spotify, then is plays music. But now that i have factory reset the speaker, Alexa is not downloaded. Haha.. Concidering going over to another brand that dosent need to be connected to a WIFI network. Have read that Sonos is easy to use, but i have felt the opposite. Please, can someone help? Really want my Sonos to work..
icon

Best answer by Chris 18 April 2019, 23:46

So its your only speaker I assume. Hard reset was probably a bad idea.

Since its your only speaker and you hard reset it your starting new.

So go into Sonos app and you will have to choose connect to a new system (not existing since you wiped out the existing).

You would choose connect new system via wifi (not advanced / bridge mode since I assume you don't have it connected to router).

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
So its your only speaker I assume. Hard reset was probably a bad idea.

Since its your only speaker and you hard reset it your starting new.

So go into Sonos app and you will have to choose connect to a new system (not existing since you wiped out the existing).

You would choose connect new system via wifi (not advanced / bridge mode since I assume you don't have it connected to router).
Hi Chris, i have already done this. But the same problem continues. Have noe idea what the fault may be..
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Plug speaker into router. Choose wires advanced bridge setup. Complete setup and when done should show in controller. Then go to advanced WiFi setup in app. Enter WiFi info then you can unplug.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings