Question

connecting to new wifi router

• 2 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

I changed my WiFi and router on Friday, since then I have been trying to add the Sonos onto the new system. I’ve tired watching videos, reading forums. But sadly no luck.

I have made sure the WiFi is operating from 2.4 GHz  Opposed to 5ghz and connecting to the ‘Sonos’ network when instructed. 
Is there a way to get round this? I don’t have a Ethernet cable either. 
Thanks in advance,

Michelle

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Easiest way is often to change the wifi credentials for the new router, so they match the outgoing one. Otherwise I think you’ll need an ethernet cable to get started on the new network (unless you factory reset your speakers, which is generally recommended NOT to do).

Badge

Badge

Easiest way is often to change the wifi credentials for the new router, so they match the outgoing one. Otherwise I think you’ll need an ethernet cable to get started on the new network (unless you factory reset your speakers, which is generally recommended NOT to do).

Thank you, 

how do I change the WiFi credentials? 
I thought I was quite tech savvy till I had to deal with this speaker! It’s driving me crazy 😩. The app on my phone is showing this, but the iPad is showing the other screen, I think I need to be working with the iPad?