Connecting play3

• 10 August 2017
  • 7 replies

Purchased 2x play3 which im trying to add to a connect amp system. Had my connect amp some time which i play b&w 8 series through no problem. Help....

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
I would recommend speaking with Sonos support directly for a faster resolution:
http://www.sonos.com/en-us/contact/contact-options%23

The Community threads aren't checked constantly, but you can get a follow-up quickly with Twitter/Phone.
Out of hours but thank you anyhow.
It should be just a simple matter of opening the app, going to settings, then selecting "add a Player or SUB". Is that not working for you?
The Play:3 may have outdated firmware which will not be able to connect wirelessly. Connect each one to the router via an Ethernet cable, then try to add to the system. After it connects and updates, disconnect from the Ethernet and deploy as usual.
Good point. I hadn't given any consideration to the fact it may be not a new device.
I have 10 Sonos devices (three play3, two play one, two play1, a sub and a playbar plus a boost). I can not configure one of the play3 or do a factory reset in this play3. It always stays with constant white light (does not change) and when I try to configure the app, after a while, it gives the message: "disconnected" and suggests approaching the router even when I'm near or using the Ethernet cable. One more time, I made a new Sonos account and this play3 only appears in the old account. Does anyone have any suggestions or should I be satisfied that this play3 is defective? Thanks for any help. The support cloud not help me...
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Jka1954. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. If you have tried resetting the unit and it still will not join, I recommend giving our support technicians a call to troubleshoot this in real time. They will be able to replace the unit if it is deemed defective. Thanks again.