Question

connecting my Play 1 to my MAC

• 5 December 2016
  • 3 replies

A simple Q I know, but having a frustrating time just even connecting my Play 1 to my MAC? Sonos Desktop app is installed, Sonos is plugged in. it makes a noise when I press the 2 buttons down and then.....nothing! any pointers please?
Thanks, Harry

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hi Harry,

Wellcome to the Sonos community

Sorry to ask a silly question, You have the Play 1 hard wired to the router with an ethernet cord? Not to the iMac.

Next try a full system reboot. Shut everything down, Bring up the router and then one at a time all the rest.
Are you setting up the system? If so why is the speaker connected to your Mac? It isn't a computer speaker. I suggest you look at the system set up guidance on the Sonos website
I am trying to set up the system yes, Play 1 just arrived........okay so "connected" was the wrong word to use here. I am following the systems set up, but pressing down the 2 buttons as instructed and nothing happens......