• 14 December 2021
  • 16 replies

Hello,

Here is my setup:

• Chromecast with Google TV [The Player]
  • EPSON TW7100 [The Projector]
  • Sonos Beam Gen 2 [The Sound System]
  • Feintech VAX04101 [The HDMI eArc Pass Switch]

I have no sound coming from the soundbar. When I switch off the eArc button on the HDMI switch, the sound comes from the projector. When I switch it on, no sound comes from the soundbar.

Any idea?

Thanks for your help,

Thibaud

icon

Best answer by tibynight 19 December 2021, 11:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

16 replies

Can you confirm your setup is something like this attached drawing I’ve just put together and that you have Arc/eARC switched ‘on’ and set the audio-output on the chromecast player to one of the codecs mentioned in the drawing …also ensure the Feintech has been set to the correct input using the button/remote.

Thanks for the answer. I confirm the setup as you explained. I also checked my HDMI cables are good and they are speed HDMI cables with Ethernet. 

So is it working now? If not, just check the audio-out format on your Google device. I’m not too familiar with that device, but it needs to support one of the codecs listed on the left-side of the drawing.

edit: perhaps also see this link…

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/10110321?hl=en

No it still doesn’t work. The audio formats from the chromecast are compatible with sonos beam (Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby Atmos).

I also restore the Beam but it was useless. I don't get where I'm wrong.

Is it the setup wich is not compatible?

No it still doesn’t work. The audio formats from the chromecast are compatible with sonos beam (Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby Atmos).

I also restore the Beam but it was useless. I don't get where I'm wrong.

Is it the setup wich is not compatible?

Did you try powering off/on the devices in the order mentioned on the Feintech website?

I use the VAX04101A switch/extractor with a Beam (gen2) and an old (HDMI Arc only) HD TV .. and it works fine, but I’m using a Nvidia Shield TV, rather than the chromecast with Google TV - Nvidia is set to ‘auto’ audio output and I get Dolby Atmos and Dolby Digital plus 5.1 etc. audio to the Beam.

Maybe try a different HDMI cable too between the VAX04101A and the Beam. I have attached a photo of my VAX04101A showing the lights on the front. Nvidia Shield is on port 4.

Yes, I tried powering off/on the devices in the order mentioned in the Feintech user notice.

The Chromecast Google TV also have the audio output set on auto initially and I tried to switch the HDMI cables.

I can’t load your image.

Yes, I tried powering off/on the devices in the order mentioned in the Feintech user notice.

The Chromecast Google TV also have the audio output set on auto initially and I tried to switch the HDMI cables.

I can’t load your image.

I’ve added the image again, it just shows that I have Arc set to ‘enabled’ on the extractor and set the Audio EDID to 7.1… aswell as setting the A/V source to port 4 in my own case for the Shield TV input …and of course I had to set my TV-input to the Arc port (HDMI-1) to receive the video from the Shield TV/VAX04101A output.

Just like me.. :’(

Thanks for your help, I appreciate. I also contacted the Feintech support.

Unless the extractor is faulty in some way - you could perhaps try it’s latest firmware. It’s available here (there is improved support for some projectors in its latest update):

https://blog.feintech.eu/download/vax04101-firmware-update

Good idea. How can I proceed to make this update? I dowload the zip file and?

Good idea. How can I proceed to make this update? I dowload the zip file and?

Not ever done it myself, but it looks like you need to uses a USB-Micro ‘data’ cable and connect it to a PC and you power on the VAX04101A and use the Feintech software, stand-alone executable, to install the firmware update - the instructions/read-me *.pdf are in the downloadable zip-file, I see.

@tibynight,

I would also see what Feintech Support suggest in relation to your projector, as they maybe to suggest/assist with the firmware update process too.

Right, I did the update and install the V1.10.27 version but it didn’t solve the problem.

Feintech says it’s the V1.10.30 that improved support of video projectors but it’s not the version contained in the zip file (which is V1.10.27).

Right, I did the update and install the V1.10.27 version but it didn’t solve the problem.

Feintech says it’s the V1.10.30 that improved support of video projectors but it’s not the version contained in the zip file (which is V1.10.27).

Hopefully the Feintech Support Staff will help you to get the later firmware version and get it sorted - let us know how it goes and hope you can get it sorted soon.👍

Hi,

Good news, it works correctly with the last Feintech version, the V1.10.30 one and the Google TV Chromecast audio output set on auto.

What an adventure!

Thanks again for the  support! :relaxed:

Ah that’s great news. Glad to hear you got it working. Happy Holidays too.👍