Connecting AirPlay 2 with Sonos speaker system

• 24 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi one and all, I’ve had a terrible time connecting my AirPlay on my Apple devices - iPad and iPhone - to my Sonos speakers. It would connect with some one or two of the Sonos One speakers but not with the Beam. And I couldn’t get the system to group. After trying everything I saw on community chat sites like this I tried the trusty last resort. I went around and switched off the Sonos speakers one after the other (and my Sonos Port for good measure) and then turned them back on again. That was five days ago and they have worked a dream ever since. Hope this helps someone. Regards.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Badge +17

Hi @dwabriz, thanks for sharing your solution with the community.

It’s great that you were able to get Airplay running again on all your speakers. Rebooting them in this situation is a great first step since it essentially forces them to re-advertise themselves on the network and makes it easier for other devices to see and connect to them. 

Let us know if you have any questions, we’re here to help :smile: