Connecting a Sonos one to a S2 system after it has been used in S1 setup on other network

• 4 December 2020
  • 3 replies

I have a house with an S1 setup with 3 amps, 3 play 1 and a move. It also had a Sonons One that i have now tried to install in a flat i own where i have a sonos s2 setup (beam plus ikea speaker). I tried to add the Sonos One but it does not appear in the S2 app. If I run the S1 app it detects the existing S2 system and only allows me to continue on S2. I tried factory reset on sonos one and restart in wired mode but without success. Any suggestions..?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @MartinEklund75.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me check it for you.

If I understand it correctly you are trying to set up the Sonos One to a different location and adding it to another household/system.

I appreciate the steps you did, doing a factory reset is commonly done before adding a product to a different household.

NOTE: This process will delete registration information, content saved to My Sonos, and music services from a Sonos product. (LED light status must be flashing green after the reset)

Knowing how and through what Sonos is connecting is the great foundation to troubleshooting this successfully.

• May I have the make and model number of any wireless router and/or Access Point that exist on the network? It’s best if we can check any known issue or if there’s an additional configuration needed on the device that is essential for Sonos.

• Please indicate also how these devices are connected to one another (wired or wireless).

Kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app when the issue occurs, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system,  it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

Let me know how that goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out.

Hey Annazel

Thanks for your reply.

I tried one more thing this morning and it worked. I turned off all other S2 devices, factory reset the sonos one, started the S1 app and upgraded the Sonos one to S2 level. I then opened the S2 app and had to forget the network, and redo the add device procedure onn all deviced. Still during that setup I had major problems having S2 app to detect new devices. I had to factory reset a new beam as an example to add it to the S2 network again.

I used to be a Sonos ambassador. I 'm sorry but you lost me at S2.

Thanks for fast response though.

/martin

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @MartinEklund75.

Thanks for your immediate response.

It’s nice to hear that you were able to resolve it, we highly appreciate your time and effort working through this.

You have my sincerest apologies for the experience.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know.